Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team.
Four years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Activation Key Account Manager|
|Reports to:||Trade & Shopper Marketing Manager|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
As Activation Key Account Manager you’ll be responsible for driving business growth through distinctive brand campaigns, helping convert shoppers at point of purchase. This will be through amplification and execution of the brand team marketing plans within On Trade, Off Trade, and Online.
You will be the face of the Sipsmith brand to our key retail and On Trade customers, supporting the Sales teams with the successful deployment of shopper marketing plans that meet their customer and shopper needs.
This is a great opportunity working cross-functionally across both Marketing and Sales to build on your commercial experience, support our growth and help us reach more sippers across the U.K.
What you’ll do
- Commercial management of independent retailers, building relationships with buyers, managing the financials, and seeking out future opportunities for product listings and activations to elevate the brand.
- Lead briefing and creation of brand initiative style guides with design team, to ensure consistency of messaging and imagery.
- Translate customer and shopper insights into creative, impactful activation ideas which can be implemented across multiple channels.
- Deliver executions which reflect the shopper needs and are strategically tailored across the path to purchase, working with external retail media teams.
- Be the expert on competitor activations and sharing best practice from the wider FMCG industry.
- Working with the Senior Trade and Shopper Marketing Manager with the management of spend for both off trade and on trade activations, ensuring projects are delivering a ROI.
- Assisting on the execution of on trade activations, ensure successful delivery of all POS on time and in full – working with external fulfillment agency.
- Ensure all POS delivered is impactful, distinctive to Sipsmith, and has a clear call to action for the shopper to drive increased sales.
- Manage key relationship with POS fulfillment supplier and be sales team point of contact for all queries.
- Be the point of contact for all off trade data enquiries, generating insight to help build relevant stories for the sales team.
- Work with Sustainability team to develop how our shopper marketing plans can be more in line with our B-Corp status, exploring solutions that are kinder to our planet.
What You’ll Need
- Commercial experience in sales and shopper marketing knowledge, preferably with experience activating within the BWS industry.
- Budget management capability; able to lead investment recommendations with clear channel strategy to hit overall business objectives.
- Commercially aware yet brand-centric, innovative, and creative with a passion for quality execution.
- Understanding of shopper needs and purchase touch points.
- Experience working with market data, using insights to inform strategy and execution ideas.
- Ability to build quality relationships with key internal stakeholders and external customers, inspiring them with shopper plans that will deliver effective growth.
- Influencing skills and ability to create and lead external presentations.
- Able to manage multiple projects across different customers and retail partners with tight timelines.
- Curiosity, externally oriented, and passionate to lead & execute category leading ideas.
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith.
- Plate-spinning brilliance.
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Activation KAM’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 15th August 2021.