At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Assistant Distiler – Parental Cover (9 months FTC)|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Reports to:||Distillery Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus & benefits|
We are looking for someone to join our Distilling team and help us craft our range of award-winning gins. This is a fantastic opportunity to build your skills and experience, honing your craft in Distilling while working on spirits of uncompromising quality.
If you’re excited about building your career in the world of craft gin, and you have an appetite for learning and a passion for things well made, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Run and maintain our three beautiful stills to a very high standard
- Load and unload vehicles
- Record legislative data for HMRC on a shift-by-shift basis
- Record quality results and technical data from distillation runs
- Ensure health & safety rules and procedures are adhered to at all times on site
What You’ll Need
- A background in science or engineering (a degree is preferable but not mandatory)
- Excellent computer and numeracy, Excel etc.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be practical, calm under pressure, and eager to learn
- Warm and approachable
- Experience working at a distillery/brewery/winery or in quality control would
- be a huge benefit
- Forklift truck licence desired, but not essential
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
- Monthly free gin!
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Assistant Distiller’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and a completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: 29th September