At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role will need to regularly work from our home, The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ|
|Reports to:||Brand Experiences Manager and Senior Global PR/Partnerships Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We are looking for a versatile Swan to support across Marketing, Brand Activation and PR & Partnerships, helping us to reach more sippers wherever they choose to sip. This is a great opportunity to build your experience with a premium and distinctive brand, across the whole Marketing function with bags of ownership, responsibility, and plenty of our world class gin!
What you’ll do
UK PR Support
With close support from the Senior Global PR and Partnerships Manager, you will be the first point of contact for our UK PR Agency and media, managing:
- Day-to-day UK press enquiries – support with media requests, from digital assets, to physical samples.
- Support hosting media and influencer events, distillery tour visits and virtual deskside meets/interviews.
- Collaborate with wider marketing team to guide launches, events & campaigns to the best place for landing scaled and distinctive earned media.
- Lead in creating and delivering brand aligned press packs, in a sustainable but premium way
- Think about how we utilise all our assets to drive great media engagement and opportunities (from the innovative genius of the Sipping Society to the incredible talent of our Distillers).
- Help land key needle-moving opportunities, from sharing what competitors/best in class brands are up to in the PR space, to suggesting new hooks/stunt ideas to drive earned media based on macro context.
- Keep coverage decks and media quotes live and ready to share with wider business
UK Brand Partnerships
With close support from the Senior Global PR and Partnerships Manager, you will work together to ensure we are continually connecting and connected to like-minded brands.
- Filter and respond to incoming brand partnership requests, sifting out the needle moving and strategically aligned opportunities.
- Continue to nurture existing relationships and find key moments to collaborate, to amplify and drive scaled traffic of key activities on our digital and social platforms.
- Build new relationships with aligned brands, to drive scale behind our earned media initiatives and drive traffic to Sipsmith during our key campaigns and pulse moments
UK Brand Experiences
Working with the Brand Experience Manager you will be responsible for all consumer touchpoints across the business to ensure that Sipsmith delivers pioneering & market leading consumer events & activations.
Execute Brand Activation strategy leveraging key sipping moments and occasions to deliver long lasting, memorable Brand Experiences.
- Co-own the Distillery Tour experience with the Brand Experiences team in line with Business Strategy delivering an elevated experience which is adapting with the times & brand leading.
- Execute Wimbledon experiential activation, on-site & manage day to day during the Championships and build out learnings for future Championships.
- Live Event Management across all Brand Experience lead events from strategy & planning to logistics & operations
- Innovation Brand Activation & Experience executing the launches, developing consumer experiences
- Respond to all live event enquiries which come through to sipsmith.com
- Own all asset management for Brand Experiences from the Gin Cabs and all stored assets
- Support Customer Service team to ensure we are always delivering a 5-star experience during extremely busy periods (Christmas) sick days and holidays – email & phone support
- Support all consumer-led events across the trade to ensure that the consumer is always at the forefront of our mind and that the experience is executed to a high standard i.e. Zestival, Gin Shop and Wimbledon.
What You’ll Need
- Experience of working in a marketing or administrative role
- Knowledge or understanding of Brand Marketing
- Understanding of delivering and executing quality customer experiences
- Can-do, positive, hard-working attitude
- Great initiative and an abundance of creativity
- Plate-spinning brilliance
- Problem-solving positivity
- Demonstrated success with building strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Good I.T. skills (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Sparkling clean driving license
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Brand Executive’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith, along with our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24th October 2021