At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Commercial Finance Analyst – 6 Months Fixed-Term Contract|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role requires you to work regularly from our home, The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, W4 2LJ.|
|Reports to:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus & benefits|
We are Sipsmith the gin that pioneered the gin renaissance, with an authentic and exciting story that supports our deliciously sippable gin and we’d love you to come help tell our story.
We are looking for a passionate Finance Analyst to join our commercial finance team on a fixed term basis. You will play a crucial role in the collation, preparation and presentation of financial and management information, and the maintenance and development of reporting and information systems.
The distillery team is tight-knit and so we are looking for someone with a positive attitude and the ability to work cross-functionally to help us in our mission to be the best gin in the world and the best gin for the world. You will be organised, methodical, and will always demonstrate the highest level of honesty and integrity in handling sensitive information.
This is a great opportunity to build on your financial skills, support our growth, and help us reach more sippers across the U.K.
What You’ll Do:
- Track customer/SKU level financial results to budget and analysing variances.
- Partner with the commercial team to keep both monthly and annual rolling sales forecast up to date.
- Support in the preparation of the annual budget file for consolidation to our parent company.
- Assist the Commercial Finance Business Partner with queries and creating reports for commercial and marketing teams.
- Provide critical support to the Controlling Team for month-end close, including preparing cost reports for spend tracking.
- Assist in the preparation of financial information (Month End reporting pack/ Quarterly Group Board pack) for monthly business reviews meetings.
- Look to continually improve the quality of financial reporting and visibility of performance at Sipsmith (reducing reporting timeline, improving quality, standardisation etc).
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in a related finance analyst background or Finance/Accountancy education
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to handle complex data and perform advanced analysis.
- Experience with Sage 200 is desirable.
- A positive and confident approach to getting things done within a demanding environment while consistently being able to meet deadlines.
- Bring a solutions-focused mindset and demonstrate a track record of analysing business performance in a commercial environment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive mindset to explore deeper insights.
- Ability to work independently and within cross functional teams.
- Possess a knack for identifying issues, potential efficiencies and suggesting process improvements.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- You get to work by the stills and see distillation in action
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Monthly free gin
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Commercial Finance Analyst’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 28th August 2023