Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team. Three years ago we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Demand Planner & Sales Analyst|
|Reports to:||Sales Director|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
As Sipsmith’s Demand Planner & Sales Analyst your mission will be to support the UK Commercial Team by building key relationships with customers to deliver collaborative order patterns and plans, while ensuring Supply have clear visibility of Demand and acting as the bridge between Sales, Finance and Operations to support a fully informed and high-performing business.
In this new role, you will be working towards supporting more service-led strategic partnerships with our customers, while setting up new systems and ways of working both with customers and internal stakeholders, informed by and drawing inspiration from your previous experience.
Working closely with our UK Sales Director, this is a fantastic opportunity to build on your experience, have real autonomy to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while driving the performance and return of Sipsmith’s Sales team.
What you’ll do:
Externally, your focus will be on building customer relationships and delivering collaborative order patterns and plans, to ensure high compliance at range reviews and to maintain full shelves during peak seasons (Summer & Christmas) as well as year round.
Internally, your focus will be on ensuring Supply have visibility of Demand, delivering credible monthly internal forecasts with the Sales Channel Heads and bridging Sales, Finance and Operations to ensure a fully informed and high-performing business.
- Build & develop a demand model to help feed into Supply, Sales and Finance.
- Daily communication with customers’ supply chain team, building partnerships and plans
- Analyse sales, stock and base sales history; and help to adjust buy in/promo changes in the demand when required.
- Provide monthly support to the Sales Channel Heads to discuss monthly forecast changes & in understanding the variances. Deliver updates to our Executive Leadership Team, Finance, Supply and Operations on these variances.
- Validate sales forecasts every month with commentary before sending to Finance and Supply.
- Be the main day to day point of contact for priority external supply chain teams across On and Off trade.
- Feed into the marketing NPD forecasting process.
- Attend and provide critical intel at all S&OP meetings.
- Help to build credible weekly, monthly & annual forecasts.
- Work closely with the sales and finance team to deep dive into customers and review investment efficiencies.
- Work closely with the Sales Director to quarterly review team efficiencies, KPIs and bonus analysis.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience as a Demand Planner for a brand or Supply Chain Analyst experience with Grocers.
- Broad understanding of Demand Planning and the buying and selling process.
- Ability to generate Tools and Models (for internal and customer facing decisions)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Sales/Finance/Ops) to enhance decision making across the business including NPD, commercial investment etc.
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply:
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title “Demand Planner & Sales Analyst” and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: 15 July 2020
For more information about careers at Sipsmith, click here.