At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role may require you to work from our home, the Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ, from time to time.|
|Reports to:||Creative Lead|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We’re on the hunt for a creative, organised, and dynamic Designer to join our in-house team. With substantial experience under your belt, you’ll work to deliver all things design and content creation to meet our growing needs.
This is a very exciting time to join the creative team at Sipsmith as we are undergoing a rebrand with plans to roll it out from early Jan. Currently in our growth we have ambitious commercial plans, exciting partnerships and bags of opportunity for growth and development alongside our passionate team (and our fantastic gin!).
We are looking for someone with plate-spinning brilliance who can help ensure brand consistency across a wide variety of projects, with a resilient nature to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Above all, we want a true creative who lives and breathes design.
What you’ll do
- Deliver ideas and concepts that combine a creative and strategic understanding
- Create and adapt marketing and sales collateral, from packaging, menus, POS and incentives
- Deliver brand and identity projects from concept through to final execution
- Work closely with the digital team in the creation of engaging content for online, social and email
- Support the events team with materials to optimise the experience and brand awareness
- Collaborate on photoshoots at all stages, from planning and sourcing of props to photography and editing of photos
- Give creative direction and communicate productively with management and stakeholders
- Clearly and professionally pitch creative ideas by creating engaging presentations
What You’ll Need
- Relevant design experience either in house or in an agency
- Knowledge of traditional print methods as well as a digital mindset
- Good communication skills with the confidence to manage stakeholders
- A good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- An ability to use After Effects would be advantageous but not essential
- Photography and shoot organisation experience
- An eye for detail, with solid craftsmanship and technical understanding
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude and a true team player
- Happy to get stuck in to both big thinking creative to art working and small daily requests
- Awareness of current design trends and new ways of working
How To Apply
Please send your pdf portfolio and/or website link, together with your CV, to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Designer’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and a completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 26th January 2022