Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team.
Four years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Reports to:||Brand Design Manager|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
The perfect candidate will be creative, organised, and dynamic, and who can stay calm under pressure. The candidate will work under the guidance of our Brand Design Manager to deliver all the design and content creation to meet our growing marketing needs.
We are looking for someone with plate-spinning brilliance who can help ensure brand consistency across a wide variety of projects, with a resilient nature to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time in our growth as we launch in to 2021 with ambitious commercial plans, exciting partnerships and bags of opportunity for growth and development alongside our passionate team and our fantastic gin!
What you’ll do
- Deliver creatives for the Sipsmith team, from sales and marketing to digital and internal comms, creating and adapting materials such as menus, table talkers, incentives and point of sale.
- Give creative direction across a broad range of touchpoints, ranging from publications, digital and social media, emails, packaging, signage and much more
- Communicate productively with management and stakeholders to keep them up-to-date with project milestones
- Collaborate with photoshoots at all stages, from planning and sourcing of props to styling and editing of photos.
- Manage the stock and orders of the basic stationary such as business cards, postcards, brand brochures and other printed materials.
- Work closely with the rest of the digital team in the creation, adaptation and delivery of engaging content for social media platforms.
- Support the events team with materials to optimize the experience and brand awareness.
- Be a brand guardian ensuring our brand guidelines are followed at all times – in the UK and globally.
- Work alongside marketing to deliver integrated communications across different business areas
- Create consistent beautifully designed brand assets and toolkits for the international markets
- Distribute existing assets to partners and accounts.
- Clearly and professionally pitch creative ideas by creating engaging presentations.
What You’ll Need
- Background in design/advertising/photography and/or 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Skilled in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of print processes and finishes
- Plate spinning brilliance – strong organisational and communication skills that allow you to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient knowledge of print processes. Able to work with printers to ensure we achieve the desired results when printing from packaging to POS.
- The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts
- Proactively manage projects and workstreams
- A background of working well as part of a design team
- Energetic, dedicated and imaginative being able to solve different briefs with uncompromising quality
- Work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Adaptive and considerate of the team’s needs
- Any other creative skills (e.g. video or photography editing, calligraphy) would be a plus.
How to apply
Please send your CV, a link or PDF of your portfolio & completed diversity & inclusion form to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Designer’ and a cover letter explaining why you’d fit seamlessly into our team, a time when you’ve made something exceptional, and what quirky addition you will bring to Sipsmith!
Closing date for applications: Sunday 27th June 2021.