Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team.
Four years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||FP&A Finance Analyst|
|Reports to:||Commercial Finance Manager|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We are looking for an Analyst with a can-do attitude and the ability to work cross-functionally, to join our tight-knit team and help us in our mission to be the best gin in the world, and the best gin for the world.
You will support the Commercial Finance team with the collation, preparation and presentation of financial and management information, and the maintenance and development of reporting and information systems.
This is a great opportunity to build on your financial skills & experience with an exciting, growing quality focused brand in the world of spirits.
What you’ll do
- Provide critical support to the Commercial Finance team during month end close, including P&L reconciliations and variance analysis, with the aim of producing a P&L ready for review.
- Assist in the preparation of financial information (Month End reporting pack / Quarterly Group Board pack) for monthly business reviews meetings.
- Work with the Financial Controlling team and the Sales and Marketing Teams to manage the accruals process for price support and brand investment.
- Support the Commercial Finance Team with the financial planning to actuals cycle; with ownership over the Budget and Forecast consolidation.
- Support reporting to the Sipsmith exec on a timely basis, including presentations to be used in Board meetings.
- Look to continually improve the quality of financial reporting and visibility of performance at Sipsmith (reducing reporting timeline, improving quality, standardisation, etc.)
What You’ll Need
- Part-qualified CIMA or ACCA (or equivalent)
- Strong financial modelling skills
- MS Office computer skills to advanced level
- Sage 200 experience desirable
- Have a positive confident approach to getting things done within a demanding environment, able to meet deadlines.
- Solutions-focused mindset. Experienced in analysing business performance in a commercial environment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to spot problems, identify potential efficiencies, and suggest improvements
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Finance Analyst’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: 20 January 2021
Due to the evolving situation around Covid-19 in the U.K we are currently completing all interviews virtually via video conferencing. If you require any adjustments in the interview process, please let Braham know when you apply.