At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Term:||Permanent, full-time role|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role does require you to work from our home, the Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ, from time to time.|
|Reports to:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus|
We are looking for someone with experience in AP/AR who possesses a can-do attitude to support our Finance team, and to help us in our mission to be the best gin in the world and the best gin for the world. This is a great opportunity to build your financial skills & experience with an exciting and quality-focused brand in the world of spirits.
You will be a key member of our supporting cast. The distillery team is tight-knit and so we are looking for someone with a positive attitude and ability to work cross-functionally. You will be superbly organised, methodical, and who will always exhibit the highest level of honesty and integrity in handling sensitive information.
Experience of working with Sage and Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, are considered desirable.
What you’ll do
- Accounts Payable, including weekly pay-runs and supplier reconciliations
- Manage Accounts Receivable process, including resolving invoice queries, customer statements, and debt chasing
- Sage input and maintenance for Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Provide month-end and maintenance support to the wider finance and supply chain teams
- Manage the expense process, ensuring the timely and accurate upload of data to Sicon
- Provide internal support on the PO platform
- Bank account input and maintenance
- Assist on Treasury with cashflow management
- Answer ad hoc queries
What You’ll Need
- Ability and confidence to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Excel
- Knowledge of Sage 200 and Sicon
- Strong organisational and time-management skills; able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise workload while working under pressure
- Solutions-focused mindset; able to identify potential efficiencies and suggest improvements for best practice
- A desire to support, educate and partner with non-financial colleagues
- 1 year or more experience working in a finance team
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- When in the office you get to work by the stills and see distillation in action
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
- Monthly free gin!
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] and with the subject title ‘Finance Assistant’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and a completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: 3rd October 2022