Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team.
Four years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Part-time Finance Assistant (Fixed Term)|
|Reports to:||Management Accountant|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We are looking for someone with experience in AP/AR who possesses a can-do attitude to support our Finance team and help us in our mission to be the best gin in the world, and the best gin for the world. This is a great opportunity to build your financial skills & experience with an exciting, growing, and quality-focused brand in the world of spirits.
What you’ll do
- Monitor and take responsibility for the Accounts Receivable inbox
- Create and send customer statements
- Create customers in Sage 200, run customer credit checks, and monitor credit limits
- Chase debts and resolve debit notes and invoice queries
- Assist with month-end by entering payments received, ensuring correct allocation, and tidying debtors
What You’ll Need
- Experience within a financial controlling team (part ACCA-qualified preferred)
- MS Office computer skills to an advanced level
- A positive, confident approach to getting things done within a demanding environment and ability to meet deadlines
- A solutions-focused mindset: detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate-spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Finance Assistant’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith, along with a completed diversity & inclusion form.
Closing date for applications: Monday 2nd August.