Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team. Three years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Head of Ecommerce|
|Reports to:||Sales Director|
|Manages:||Key Account Manager: Off-Trade|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We want Sipsmith to be at the forefront of digital, and in this new role you will be a leader within our new Digital Hub, supporting the Sales Director in growing the Ecomm Channel, creating the commercial channel strategy and channel plans.
Alongside this, you will own our major online accounts and work closely with the Off Trade team to lead an integrated online plan through the grocery channel. This role will be tasked with delivering agreed objectives on Volume, NSV, GP, Distribution, BI and Opex.
This is a great new role in a growing team, with the opportunity to forge and develop a channel with upweighted significance for Sipsmith, with ownership of the emerging at home premise.
What you’ll do
- A leader within the Digital Hub workstream, working in close collaboration with Global and UK Marketing to bring brand building plans to life in the marketplace whilst driving sales conversion and growth
- Close collaboration with the Shopper Marketing Manager to ensure all online execution is connected with in store amplification
- Set and deliver the Ecomm sales strategy with the Sales Director, agreeing targets and channel plans each year.
- Own and manage the Ecomm P&L; Volume, £NSV, £GP, Distribution, BI and Opex.
- Manage our major online accounts; building and developing the relationships and managing their annual plans.
- Build clear business plans for investment in SEO and activation
- Review marketing effectiveness of all campaigns, sharing insights on performance and optimising future plans
- Responsible for formulating and controlling the key business processes:
– Weekly & monthly performance updates
– Lead the channel demand forecasting
– Annual bottom up planning to build budget next FY
- Manage and grow the Ecomm sales team; manage their training, 121s, reviews, coaching and development.
- Work cross-functionally to help deliver total business KPIs, such as: Finance, Culture and Operations to ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets.
- Provide wider commercial insight to the business in order to contribute to the medium-term plan.
- Be the champion of best practice, showcasing category leading examples of competitors and other industry pioneers for Sipsmith to learn from
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 6 years sales/commercial experience within Online
- Well-developed leadership & coaching
- A strong ability to forecast accurately and an attention to detail
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Well-developed written & verbal communication, presentation skills
- Highly developed negotiation and account management skills
- Passion for the drinks industry
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Head of Ecomm’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for this role and Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16 December 2020.
Due to the evolving situation around Covid-19 in the U.K we are currently completing all interviews virtually via video conferencing. If you require any adjustments in the interview process, please let Braham know when you apply.