At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Junior National Account Manager: Off Trade|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role does not require you to work regularly from our home, The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, W4 2LJ.|
We encourage our team to benefit from our unique culture by attending the office frequently.
|Reports to:||Head of Off Trade|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus & benefits|
This is an exciting time to join Sipsmith; we have bold commercial plans, exciting partnerships, and bags of opportunity for growth and development alongside our passionate team (and our fantastic gin!).
As Sipsmith’s JNAM for Off Trade, you’ll be responsible for growing Sipsmith in Convenience and Specialists with the likes of Nisa, Booths and more. Building on your Off Trade experience, you’ll have the chance to make your mark and help us reach and recruit even more Sippers across the UK through some of our customers with great potential for growth.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to build on your Off Trade expertise with an entrepreneurial brand and a passionate team behind it, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
- Delivery of budgeted Volume, £NSV, £GP and distribution targets with the defined customer(s)
- Responsible for formulating and controlling the key business processes:
- Weekly & monthly performance updates
- Leading the channel demand forecasting
- Annual bottom-up planning to build next financial year’s budget
- Building clear business plans for investment in secondary space and activation
- Play a prominent role in developing a wholesale convenience strategy for immediate and long-term timescale
- Ensure close collaboration with Marketing to bring brand plans to life in the market place (shopper marketing)
- Working closely with other functions such as Finance, Culture and Operations to ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets.
- Use category & customer data to provide wider commercial insight to the business in order to contribute the medium-term plan.
- Building positive, mutually beneficial business relationships with customers
- Preparing and presenting to customers, aligning on implementation
- Managing the promotional plan and working effectively to launch NPD and hit key times of the year
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrable sales/commercial experience, including national customers with proven achievements and wins with key customers
- Experience working in commercial within FMCG with demonstrable previous involvement of working with Wholesale, Convenience or Grocery customers
- A strong ability to forecast accurately and an attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate analytical skills and communicate category insights to develop compelling, mutually beneficial growth plans
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Capability to think creatively and propose new approaches to internal and external challenges and opportunities
- Well-developed written & verbal communication, presentation skills
- Highly developed negotiation and account management skills
- Passion for the drinks industry
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Autonomous, with a can-do attitude willing to go above and beyond
- Plate-spinning brilliance
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- You get to work by the stills and see distillation in action
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Monthly free gin
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘JNAM Off Trade’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: 3rd May 2023