At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Key Account Manager: Groups North|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role does not require you to work regularly from our home, The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, W4 2LJ.|
We encourage our team to benefit from our unique culture by attending the office frequently.
|Reports to:||National Account Manager: Retail|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus & benefits|
We are Sipsmith the gin that pioneered the gin renaissance, with an authentic and exciting story that supports our deliciously sippable gin and we’d love you to come help tell our story.
As a Key Account Manager, you will be the face of the Sipsmith brand to key Group customers in the On Trade using your knowledge, experience and the Sipsmith story to build and grow long-lasting and sustainable relationships that support our brand and commercial objectives focusing particularly on Northern England.
This is a great opportunity to build on your commercial experience, support our growth and help us reach more sippers across the U.K.
What You’ll Do:
- Delivery of budgeted Volume, £NSV, £GP and distribution targets with the defined customer(s).
- Full account management for designated Group accounts working collaboratively and effectively to improve commercial results and build long-lasting relationships
- Build relationships with key Route to Market (On Trade Wholesale) partners that supply the target accounts
- Prepare, implement and monitor of strategic plans with objectives for key customers in order to ensure sustainable value growth.
- Able to contribute to key business processes:
- Weekly & monthly performance updates
- Customer demand planning, forecasting, and risks & opps process
- Annual brand planning
- Annual brand & channel planning
- Identify, define and execute growth projects enabling timely and well-targeted changes that anticipates on the developing market.
- Ensure close collaboration with Marketing to bring brand plans to life in the market place.
- Working closely with other functions such as Finance, Culture and Operations ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets.
- Provide wider commercial insight to the business in order to contribute the medium-term plan.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 2 years’ sales/commercial experience, including multichannel experience in fields sales, regional and national managed groups
- A strong ability to forecast accurately and an attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to use data to create commercial arguments
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Highly developed influencing and negotiating ability
- Well developed written & verbal communication, presentation skills
- A passion for craftmanship
- An educated palate for great Gin
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
- Must have full clean driving license held for a minimum of one year
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- You get to work by the stills and see distillation in action
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Monthly free gin
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘KAM Groups North’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: 3rd May 2023