Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team.
Four years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Key Account Manager: RTM (North)|
|Reports to:||Head of On Trade: Commercial & Wholesale|
|Location:||Home-based, covering Northern regions|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We are looking for a KAM to join our passionate Sales team to help us grow Sipsmith in the North of England.
You will support the RTM team in growing this segment in line with its strategy and the overall Business strategy. This role will manage and grow the regional wholesale channel in the North and be tasked with delivering agreed objectives on Volume, NSV, GP, Distribution and Brand Activations. Utilising 3rd party sales teams to drive distribution within IFT.
This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time in our growth, with ambitious commercial plans, exciting partnerships and bags of opportunity for growth and development alongside our passionate team and our fantastic gin!
What you’ll do
- Delivery of budgeted Volume, £NSV, £GP and distribution targets with the defined customer(s).
- Prepare, implement, and monitor of strategic plans with objectives for key customers through proactive Joint Business Plan (JBP) to ensure sustainable value growth.
- Able to contribute to key business processes:
- Weekly & monthly performance updates
- Customer demand planning, forecasting and risks & opps process
- Annual P&L planning
- Annual brand and channel planning
- Identify, define, and execute growth projects enabling timely and well-targeted changes that anticipates on the developing market.
- Ensure close collaboration with Marketing to bring brand plans to life in the marketplace.
- Working closely with other functions such as Finance, Culture and Operations ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPIs and targets.
- Provide wider commercial insight to the business to contribute the medium-term plan.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 2 years sales/commercial experience in either fields sales or small managed groups.
- An ability to forecast accurately and an attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to use data to create commercial arguments
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Developed influencing and negotiating ability
- Well-developed written & verbal communication, presentation skills
- A passion for Craftmanship
- An educated pallet for great Gin
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘KAM RTM (North)’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: Monday 2nd August 2021