Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared, with a simple mission: to open the first copper pot gin distillery in London for almost 200 years, and in doing so, they set out with the vision of creating a global gin brand icon that will be around in at least 200 years. To realise their dream, they needed to pioneer a change to the law, which brought London Dry Gin and small batch distilling back to its home, London, and this subsequently kicked off the UK’s gin renaissance. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises from Hammersmith to Chiswick, West London. In January 2017 we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Maker’s Mark, Jim Beam, Laphroaig and Courvoisier. In addition, at Sipsmith we like to think we have created a great place to work where you can be creative, autonomous and have lots of fun at the same time. We believe that it’s our team here that drives our great culture that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work very hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do and feels like part of the family. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates with and will be a great addition to the bus from the word ‘go’.
The perfect candidate will be someone with a few years of experience behind cocktail bars, be confident in public speaking, have a passion for gin and gin history and be well connected within the industry.
Title: London Brand Ambassador – On-Trade
Report to: Rich Hamer (Head of Prestige)
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
Profile: This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time to help develop our presence in the top end on trade accounts in the UK. This role will support the Head of Prestige, by acting as the go to contact between Sipsmith and London’s high-end customers. This is the perfect role for an energetic and passionate individual looking to develop their presentation skills and be the face and voice in the prestige accounts of London. The role will involve the organization and hosting of in house trainings, distillery tours, securing new stockists and cocktail listings, and assisting with global education projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 3+ years on-trade experience with extensive cocktail knowledge
• A proven track record of completing multiple projects over various timelines
• Supremely organised
• Someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, whilst conducting activities in a strategic manner
• Knowledge and contacts within the London On-Trade
• A confident communicator – excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong, determined, resilient and can talk to anyone
• Experience in conducting purposeful meetings, action orientated
• Works well autonomously
• Team player that will help the wider team when needed
• Problem solver and planner
• Best-in-class, consistent presentations always
• Clean UK driving licence
Key Responsibilities include:
• Supporting the Head of Prestige on key initiatives
• Lead contact within the industry for the prestige team, delivering:
– Activities to support new listings
– Activities that will drive rate of sale where we are already listed (e.g. POS, assets, toolkits)
– Establishing and building relationships with key trade customer
– Events execution (in-house trainings, cocktail masterclasses, guest bartender appearances, consumer experiences, arranging cocktail competitions)
– Creation and development of cocktail education plan for on trade sales team
– Running Sipsmith Distillery Tours, Meet the Producer Events and other customer facing opportunities.
– Supporting the Events and Sales team at Trade and Consumer shows
– Acting as an ambassador for Sipsmith in all areas of customer & consumer contact
The London Brand Ambassador (On-Trade) role requires initiative, commitment, hard work and general all-round brilliance. It is an unparalleled opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time and make the contribution we are looking for. Likewise, the candidate will be results-orientated with an ambitious attitude and be able to work tirelessly, speedily and efficiently to ensure results, with commercial success as the priority.
Organisation is a key part of the role and so the applicant must consider themselves to have a highly structured attitude to work with demonstrable experience of how they organise their time, work load and the tasks at hand. A flexible approach to work is essential as you will be required to put in time some evenings and weekends – but there are plenty of perks along the way that come with joining the Sipsmith Distillery team.
Professional, personable, presentable and fun; the bottom line is you will be a brand ambassador for the first copper distillery in London for nearly 200 years.
How to apply: Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘London Brand Ambassador – On-Trade’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you would be a good fit for Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: Closed.