Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be.
Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team. In 2017, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||People & Culture Coordinator (Maternity Cover)|
|Term:||Full-time (flexible to be part-time for the right candidate) – Maternity Cover|
|Reports to:||Head of Culture, Maternity Cover|
|Based At:||The Distillery, Chiswick|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
We are looking for a Coordinator to help us in our mission to make Sipsmith the best place to work it can be.
Working in our Ministry of Culture, you will play a key role in supporting our swans and the business, helping us continue to develop the skills and experience we need to achieve our ambitious goals in 2021.
Focusing on supporting our staff, HR Projects and L&D, this is a varied generalist role with opportunity for autonomy and impact, that would suit someone creative & entrepreneurial looking to broaden their generalist HR experience in a role with a growing, quality focused brand in the world of Spirits.
What you’ll do
- Establish self as a trusted point of contact for Swans across Sipsmith to listen to concerns and provide advice
- Promote open two-way communication at all levels through a variety of tools (informal meetings, adhoc & regular surveys, etc.)
- Provide an approachable point of contact for staff & managers, providing HR advice or escalating to the HoC where appropriate
- Support the HoC & Ministry Executive in the coordination & delivery of team events such as team days and adhoc events
- Support the HoC in the administration of Employee Relations cases; minute taking, case tracking & logging etc.
- Lead regular & adhoc HR projects from start to finish; delivering business value through people projects that address business needs
- Work with the HoC & Ministry Executive to devise and deliver new People & Culture initiatives that improve engagement & satisfaction at Sipsmith
- Keep up to date on changes to Employment Law, and work with the HoC to implement projects that ensure compliance while retaining Sipsmithian flexibility
Learning and Development
- Support the HoC in the annual review process and annual training needs analysis in order to plan and deliver relevant development needs, ensuring organisational capability to deliver business plans
- Working with the Ministry Executive, source, implement and deliver learning and development solutions in consultation with HoC, managers and staff; including external provider and location decisions
- With guidance from HoC and working with the Diversity & Inclusion steering group, develop and support continued informal and formal training initiatives around Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) for staff at all levels
- Working with the Ministry Executive, develop & improve Sipsmith’s employer branding across all internal & external materials ensuring our brand values and voice are clear, consistent & effective in all mediums
- Support the Ministry Executive and wider organisation in interviews, and in ensuring an effective and efficient recruitment process in all recruitment episodes
- Support the Ministry Executive in the ongoing development of our ‘Swanboarding’ programme
- Ensure an up to date knowledge of employment legislation and trends, flagging any necessary operational changes in good time
- Support the smooth running of the office and administrative systems in general
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrable generalist HR experience with exposure to HR Operations & HR projects
- Experience of coordinating L&D programmes & training
- Awareness of Employment Law and its practical application in business contexts
- Organised, structured and logical
- Can-do, positive, hardworking attitude
- Honest and discreet
- Entrepreneurial, autonomous and flexible in work ethic
- Naturally challenges the status quo
- Confident in difficult conversations
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
- Great IT skills (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- Has a passion for people, business and all things gin!
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘P&C Coordinator’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25 January 2021
Due to the evolving situation around Covid-19 in the U.K we are currently completing all interviews virtually via video conferencing. If you require any adjustments in the interview process, please let Braham know when you apply.