At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Senior Key Account Manager: Off Trade & Category Development|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role does not require you to work regularly from our home, The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, W4 2LJ |
We encourage our team to benefit from our unique culture by attending the office frequently.
|Reports to:||Head of Off Trade|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus & benefits|
We are looking for an insights savvy SKAM to join our passionate Sales team to help us grow Sipsmith across the UK focusing on winning in the Off Trade. This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time in our growth, with ambitious commercial plans, exciting partnerships and bags of opportunity for growth and development alongside our passionate team and our fantastic Gin! If you’re looking to build on your commercial experience, while utilising your insight, data and category expertise we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Utilise multiple data sources to analyse market and category performance across all our sales channels to identify opportunities for growth and foresight on potential challenges
- Manage a number of our smaller off-trade accounts, tailoring effective & relevant category strategies that support mutual growth
- Build on and leverage relationships with existing and new Off Trade, On Trade and eCommerce customers with our account management teams to support the growth of the Premium Gin category
- Provide an unbiased perspective on the context of the category, considering the consumer, shopper and retailer to:
- Identify key questions & challenges for the business
- Develop effective customer sell-in stories
- Support the development of shopper centric NPD & innovation
- Delivery of budgeted Volume, £NSV, £GP and distribution targets with the defined Off Trade customer(s).
- Able to contribute to key business processes:
– Weekly & monthly performance updates
– Competitor performance tracking & reviews
– Customer demand planning, forecasting and risks & opportunities process
– Annual P&L planning
– Annual brand and channel planning
- Identify, define, and execute growth projects enabling timely and well-targeted changes that anticipates on the developing market.
- Ensure close collaboration with Marketing to bring brand plans to life in the marketplace and support with customer presentations
- Working closely with other functions such as Finance, Culture and Operations ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets.
Provide wider category insight to the business to contribute the medium-term plan.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 2 years category management or insight experience within the FMCG sector
- Experience in gathering and manipulating category data to build customer facing stories
- Confident using key data sources such as Nielsen, DunnHumby (Tesco), Nectar (Sainsburys), Beet (Ocado) and CGA.
- Demonstrates understanding of retailer needs and how effective category strategy can address them
- An ability to forecast accurately and an attention to detail
- Effectively demonstrates ability to use data to create commercial arguments
- Understanding of shopper needs and how to utilise this to drive brand and commercial objectives
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Developed influencing and negotiating ability
- Well-developed written & verbal communication, presentation skills
- A desire to learn and progress in a fast-growing business.
- A passion for Craftmanship
- An educated pallet for great Gin
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- You get to work by the stills and see distillation in action
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Monthly free gin
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] the subject title ‘SKAM Off Trade & Category Development’ alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: Monday 7th November 2022