Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team. Three years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Senior National Account Manager, Off Trade|
|Reports to:||Sales Director|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We are looking for a Senior NAM to play a key role in growing the Grocery segment, developing our 1-3 year strategy & channel plans and helping Sipsmith win in the Off Trade with our major grocery accounts.
This is a great opportunity in a high visibility role to build on our success in the Off Trade, and have a real impact on Sipsmith’s overall growth, sales & reach, as we launch our ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond.
What you’ll do
- Delivery of budgeted Volume, £NSV, £GP and distribution targets with the defined customer(s)
- Ownership of major grocery account JBP’s & Annual Plans, further developing our positive relationships with customers
- Responsible for formulating and controlling the key business processes:
– Weekly & monthly performance updates
– Lead the channel demand forecasting
– Annual bottom up planning to build budget next FY
- Build clear business plans for investment in secondary space and activation
- Play a leading role in grocery strategy for immediate and long-term timescale
- Play a leading role in the activation plan for now and ongoing
- Ensure close collaboration with Marketing to bring brand plans to life in the market place (shopper marketing)
- Work closely with other functions such as Finance, Culture and Operations to ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets
- Provide wider commercial insight to the business in order to contribute the medium-term plan.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years sales/commercial experience, including national customers
- Well-developed leadership & coaching (this may not be a direct line-management role, however the expectation is this role would support and coach more junior team members)
- A strong ability to forecast accurately and an attention to detail
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Well-developed written & verbal communication, presentation skills
- Highly developed negotiation and account management skills
- Passion for the drinks industry
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘SNAM Off Trade’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for this role and Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16 December 2020.
Due to the evolving situation around Covid-19 in the U.K we are currently completing all interviews virtually via video conferencing. If you require any adjustments in the interview process, please let Braham know when you apply.