Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team. Three years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Supply Chain Administrator|
|Terms:||3-month fixed term contract until 31 December 2020|
|Reports to:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
Supporting Team Supply Chain, you will provide administrative and customer service support to help us land a sipsational festive period (October, November and December).
You will work closely with our internal team, as well as external customers and suppliers to ensure we maintain and improve our standards of quality customer service, and that our orders are correct, fulfilled and dispatched in good time when demand is at its highest.
This is a great opportunity to build on your administrative, customer service and stakeholder management skills while broadening your knowledge of supply chain, working with a quality focused and exciting premium spirits brand.
What you’ll do
- Manage the orders email inbox, ensuring all queries are responded to in a timely manner, flagging any issues to the Logistics Coordinators as appropriate
- Support the administration of the Supply Chain function including checking sales orders for errors, raising credits and invoices, uploading and managing invoices from the customer portal, etc.
- Support the running & coordination of the Distillery Stock Room and ensure digital stock room records are accurate and up-to-date
- Support the packing & distribution of stock from the Distillery over the Festive period
- Support the wider Sipsmith team & the Customer Service Executives with fulfilling stock requests such as staff stock and adhoc requests
Please note: This role will be required to work from the Distillery at various points during the length of the contract. Some unsociable hours may also be required in working towards key holiday dates such as Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Eve.
What you’ll need
- Must be available for immediate start in October 2020
- Previous administrative experience in a professional setting
- Organisation skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities at once
- Calm under pressure, and able to react and reprioritise quickly
- Good written communication skills, able to respond to a variety of customers professionally
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office in a professional setting, especially Excel & Outlook
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Supply Chain Administrative Support” and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16th September 2020
Due to the evolving situation around Covid-19 in the U.K we are currently completing all interviews virtually via video conferencing. If you require any adjustments in the interview process, please let Braham know when you apply.