At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||Trade & Shopper Marketing Manager – Maternity cover (9 months FTC)|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role does not require you to work regularly from our home, The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, W4 2LJ |
We encourage our team to benefit from our unique culture by attending the office frequently.
|Reports to:||UK Commercial Director (Dotted line to Senior Brand Activation Experiences Manager)|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus & benefits|
We are Sipsmith the gin that pioneered the gin renaissance, with an authentic and exciting story that supports our deliciously sippable gin and we’d love you to come help tell our story.
As Sipsmith Trade & Shopper Marketing Manager you will be tasked with driving business growth through distinctive brand campaigns, helping convert shoppers at point of purchase. This will be through amplification and execution of the brand team marketing plans within On Trade, Off Trade, and Online.
You will be the face of the Sipsmith brand to our key retail and On Trade customers, supporting the sales teams with the successful deployment of shopper marketing plans that meet their customer and shopper needs.
This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time in our growth, with bold commercial plans, exciting partnerships and bags of opportunity for growth and development alongside our passionate team and our fantastic Gin!
What you’ll do
- Translate customer and shopper insights into creative, impactful activation ideas which can be implemented across multiple channels
- Lead briefing and creation of brand initiative style guides with design team, to ensure consistency of messaging and imagery
- Deliver executions which reflect the customer and shopper needs and are strategically tailored across the path to purchase, working with external suppliers to achieve this.
- Continue the implementation and execution of the Customer Marketing Strategy across the On and Off Trade aligning with heads of channel along the way.
- Work with marketing and sales teams to implement partnerships and activations with On Trade Halo accounts.
- Swanhouse development & activation around Sipsmith’s key brand moments.
- Manage the development and execution of innovation launch plans into the On & Off Trade and support with Online.
- Ensure successful delivery of all POS (both on and off trade) on time and in full – working with external fulfilment agency. Developing a strategy to drive the delivery of this, effectively delivering on brilliant basics touch points to full scale, total takeover activations in line with the overarching Marketing and Sales Strategies.
Insight and action
- Work alongside the KAM – Shopper Marketing Executive to create KPI’s and implement test & learn methodology to all campaigns to continually optimise and show a clear return on investment
- Support the KAM – Shopper Marketing Executive on competitor activations and sharing best practice from the wider FMCG industry
Commercial & Strategy
- Supporting future business brand planning and strategy to drive growth across core range and innovation – including but not limited to being project lead for your area across Wimbledon, OND and Customer Brand Days.
- Focus on On Trade channel while supporting other channels especially around key trading periods and projects.
- Partner with channel leads and sales teams to deliver specific On Trade and Off Trade initiatives, creating an activity calendar linked with AYR promotional, POS and pulse moment plans.
- Manage the brand investment budget to deliver on and off trade media, demonstrating a strong knowledge of finance management (e.g. forecasting and P&L management).
Team & Stakeholder Management
- Management of the Shopper Marketing Executive, providing professional support/coaching to ensure they have potential to grow their career at Sipsmith, and the professional tools they need to succeed
- Liaison with key company stakeholders, including, but not limited to Sales, Finance, Logistics, Culture, Marketing, Founders and Exec.
Provide wider category insight to the business to contribute the medium-term plan.
What you’ll need
- Be a shopper and trade marketing expert
- Budget management capability; able to lead investment recommendations with clear channel strategy to hit overall business objectives
- Commercially aware yet brand-centric, innovative, and creative with a passion for excellent execution
- Deep understanding of shopper and sipper needs and purchase touch points
- Experience working with market data, using insights to inform strategy and execution ideas
- Ability to build quality relationships with key internal stakeholders and external customers, inspiring them with shopper plans that will deliver effective growth
- Strong influencing skills and ability to create and manage external presentations
- Able to manage multiple projects across different customers and retail partners with tight timelines
- Ensure all POS delivered is impactful, distinctive to Sipsmith, and has a clear call to action for the shopper to drive increased sales
- Curiosity, externally oriented, and passionate to oversee & execute category leading ideas
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- You get to work by the stills and see distillation in action
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Monthly free gin
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Trade & Shopper Marketing Manager’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: 2nd April 2023