Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax and Sam with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London dry gin back to its home. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Jim Beam, Laphroaig and Courvoisier. We now need an extra pair of hands to help craft our spirits with uncompromising quality.
We are looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic individual to work in our growing distilling team. The perfect candidate will be someone who is superbly organised, with strong communication skills and who can stay calm under pressure. The candidate will start off working under the guidance of our Head of Production and Distillery Manager but will progress to distilling unsupervised on shift to meet our growing production requirements.
Title: Trainee Distiller
Reporting to: Distillery Manager
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ
– Running and maintaining our three beautiful stills
– Loading and unloading vehicles
– Excellent computer and numeracy, Excel etc.
– Strong organisational and communication skills
– Practical, Calm under pressure and eager to learn
– Warm and approachable
– A background in science or engineering, a degree is preferable but not mandatory
– Experience working at a distillery/brewery/winery would be a huge benefit
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] to include in a couple of sentences:
a) why you think you’d fit seamlessly into our team
b) an example of when you have made something exceptional
c) what quirky added extra will you bring to the team
Applications close on 10th September 2017