At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||UK Brand Manager|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role will need to regularly work from the Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Reports to:||Senior Brand Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
As a Sipsmith Brand Manager your goal will be to drive brand power and business growth through distinctive campaigns and innovation launches. Working closely with the Sales team to provide demand generating activations across in store, online and within on trade, you will help us in our mission to recruit sippers wider and faster across the UK.
eCommerce has become an increasingly important part of our business. We are looking for someone with previous experience in driving eCommerce growth, particularly on Amazon and traditional eRetailers, and a proven track record delivering market leading brand activations across all platforms, but digital channels in particular.
This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time in our growth as we head into our busiest time of year with ambitious commercial plans, exciting partnerships and bags of opportunity for growth and development alongside our passionate team and our fantastic gin!
What you’ll do
- Lead the digital strategy within the UK marketing team, working closely with the Head of eCommerce, global content team and UK Social Media Manager to ensure the digital strategy supports our commercial eCommerce objectives and the content is created to deliver this
- Own our UK Direct to Consumer channel, leading the UK strategy and execution, working closely with the global digital team to ensure the website supports DTC, overseeing the day to day execution including managing external agencies across fulfilment and gifting
- Utilise strong understanding of commercial brand management, translating brand strategy and annual plans into best in class launch plans for innovation & key consumer activations
- Data interpretation: reporting of brand performance and competitor analysis, developing consumer insights & recommendations with measurable actions, leading all online digital and eCommerce data
- Inspire & manage relationships with in-house cross-functional teams to develop measurable growth plans that drive equity and improve brand health funnel
- Collaborate with Global & International marketing team to ensure all creative assets produced are in line with activation plans
- Marketing effectiveness: ownership on setting clear business and marketing KPI’s, with live tracking, action planning, and post launch audits to share best practice across the Sipsmith world, and facilitate continuous optimisation
- Support Senior Brand Manager on creation of strategic brand plans, reviewing key growth levers, past performance, and future opportunities / risks to drive business growth ambition, owning all input on eCommerce and digital
- Work hand in hand with the Shopper Marketing Manager to deliver impactful, integrated execution in store and in the on trade and ensure they are aligned with online activations
What You’ll Need
- Be a brand marketing expert, with at least 5yrs previous experience of both brand building and brand activation, with a focus on digital and eCommerce execution on e-retailers
- Experience in leading and growing a Direct to Consumer channel, preferably with FMCG
- A passion for digital marketing and a strong understanding of how to thread digital through all brand plans
- A creative and entrepreneurial flair, with an active curiosity into how competitors and Sipsmith can bring the brand story to life
- Skill breadth and proven track record of leading integrated marketing comm’s, understanding brand strategy and driving in market results
- Commercially aware, with prior P&L ownership and knowledge of key levers to drive performance
- Budget management capability; able to lead investment recommendations with clear channel strategy to hit overall business objectives
- Deep understanding of consumer needs and purchase touch points
- Experience working with market data, using insights to inform strategy and execution ideas
- Ability to build quality relationships with key internal stakeholders and external customers, inspiring them with programs that will deliver effective growth
- Strong influencing skills
- Able to manage multiple projects across tight timelines
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘UK Brand Manager’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith, along with our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29th September 2021