Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team. Three years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||UK Sales Director|
|Reports to:||Fairfax Hall, Founder|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We are looking for a creative and entrepreneurial Sales Director to lead the way in planning, developing and delivering Sipsmith’s UK Sales & Commercial strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key leadership role; growing our brand, developing our talented commercial team and helping us in our mission to bring the best gin in the world to our Sippers, wherever they choose to Sip.
What you’ll do
- Lead the UK Commercial Team with primary accountability of the sales strategy and execution for the business. Working alongside the Global Marketing Director & Head of UK Marketing on brand diagnostics and brand planning to deliver a collaborative and commercial total business strategy and plan
- Provide leadership to both the sales channels and the total business (as part of the Exec Leadership Team) with clear direction to managers to execute plans and deliverables
- Total Commercial P&L and budget responsibility for the UK Sales Business
- Involved in leading, challenging & embedding strategic and impactful business decisions and processes across Sipsmith directly impacting the core of the business (FMS, S&OP etc)
- Sets the UK Commercial Strategy and Plans
- Works with cross-functional team Marketing/Finance/HR/Ops to enhance decision making across the business including NPD, COGs, Projects, Culture etc
- Presents, defends and where appropriate adapts complicated/controversial issues or plans that have a significant impact on the business
- Lead the UK Commercial Business function (On and Off Trade) with a team of +20
- Operate as an integral member of the Sipsmith Leadership team (The Exec), reporting into the Beam Suntory Sipsmith Board
- Create a training programme for the UK Sales Team and coach &/mentor to increase knowledge and understanding in the function
- Lead by example with high-level ability to flex tone, style and approach across Sipsmith and Beam Suntory
- Champion & live by our values, especially “there is always a way” in this leadership role
- Identify, analyse and solve complex business and organisational challenges
- Communicate at varied technicality to all levels within the business the solutions and how answers were derived
- Understand the organisational framework to work within (e.g. HR policies, available resource etc)
- Always strive to find improvements and challenge the status quo
What You’ll Need
- Significant, demonstrable expertise & experience of leading sales/commercial functions within the FMCG sector
- Extensive experience working in Sales & commercial functions (circa. 10 years +)
- Significant, demonstrable leadership & management experience; able to lead, manage, coach & develop to drive performance & engagement
- Able to apply in-depth knowledge of the industry and commercial awareness to deliver differentiated and profitable business & customer plans
- Expertise in relationship building across various functions within the Off and On Trade customers
- Able to influence a wide range of audiences (including the Beam Suntory Sipsmith Board) with high emotional intelligence executed both internally and externally
- Broad understanding of commercial & sales theories and models
- Ability to generate Sales Tools and Models (for internal and customer facing decisions)
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘UK Sales Director’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available here.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4th November 2020
Due to the evolving situation around Covid-19 in the U.K we are currently completing all interviews virtually via video conferencing. If you require any adjustments in the interview process, please let Braham know when you apply.