We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our Marketing team.
Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax and Sam, with a simple mission: to open the first copper pot gin distillery in London for almost 200 years. In doing so they pioneered a change to the law, which brought London Dry Gin and small batch distilling back to its home, London, and in doing so kicked off somewhat of a gin renaissance.
Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Jim Beam, Laphroaig and Courvoisier. We now need an extra pair of hands to help our brand reach the four corners of the world. This is a very exciting moment in our short history.
The perfect candidate will be someone creative, dynamic, organised and who can stay calm under pressure. The candidate will work under the guidance of our Brand Design Manager to deliver all the design and content creation to meet our growing marketing needs.
Title: Junior Designer
Reporting to: Brand Design Manager
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
• Assist the Brand Design Manager to create beautifully designed brand assets.
• Collaborate with the digital team in the creation, adaptation and delivery of engaging content for social media platforms.
• Deliver creative support for the Sales teams creating and adapting materials such as menus, incentives and point of sale.
• Assist the events team with materials to optimize the experience and brand awareness.
• Assist in photoshoots and retouching of in-house photography.
• Be a brand guardian ensuring our brand guidelines are followed at all times – in the UK and internationally.
• Support sourcing of suppliers to produce the content, ensuring best quality and cost efficiency, to meet our deadlines.
• Manage the stock and orders of the basic stationary such as business cards, postcards, brand brochures and other printed materials.
• Distribute existing assets to partners and accounts.
• Proficient in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Energetic, dedicated and imaginative being able to solve different briefs with uncompromising quality
• Work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Adaptive and considerate of the team’s need
• Any other creative skills (e.g.. illustrating, video editing, calligraphy) would be a plus.
• Background in design/advertising and/or recent design school graduate and/or 1 year of relevant experience
Please send a CV, a link or PDF of your portfolio and a cover letter to [email protected] to include in a couple of sentences:
1. Why you think you’d fit seamlessly into our team
2. An example of when you have made something exceptional
3. What quirky added extra will you bring to the team
Applications close 31st January.