Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam, and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home: made the way it used to be and should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team as well moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. Moreover, we’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and the opportunities for our team and brand are now even more exciting.
We are looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic individual with experience in quality control to work in our growing distilling team. The perfect candidate will be someone who is superbly organised, with strong communication skills, and who can remain calm under pressure. You will work shifts under the guidance of our Head of Production and Distillery Manager, eventually progressing to distilling unsupervised on shift to meet our growing production requirements.
Title: Assistant Distiller
Report to: Distillery Manager
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
– Running and maintaining our three beautiful stills to a very high standard
– Loading and unloading vehicles
– Recording legislative data for HMRC on a shift-by-shift basis
– Recording quality results and technical data from distillation runs
– Ensuring health and safety rules and procedures are adhered to at all times on site
– Excellent computer and numeracy, Excel etc.
– Strong organisational and communication skills
– Attention to detail
– Practical, calm under pressure, and eager to learn
– Warm and approachable
– A background in science or engineering (a degree is preferable but not mandatory)
– Experience working at a distillery/brewery/winery or in quality control would be a huge benefit
– Fork lift truck licence desired, but not essential
How to apply: Please send a CV to [email protected], and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for Sipsmith and describing a time that you made something exceptional.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 29th May 2019