Do you have a passion for brand building? Are you an early adopter of the latest technology and often find yourself recommending the latest apps and tech to your friends? Well we are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our Digital Marketing team – could it be you?
Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax and Sam, with a simple mission: to open the first copper pot gin distillery in London for almost 200 years. In doing so they pioneered a change to the law, which brought London Dry Gin and small batch distilling back to its home, London, and in doing so kicked off somewhat of a gin renaissance.
Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Jim Beam, Laphroaig and Courvoisier. We now need an extra pair of hands to help our brand reach the four corners of the world. This is a very exciting moment in our short history.
The perfect candidate will be someone both creative and commercial who is a dynamic thinker and can stay calm under pressure. The candidate will work under the guidance of our Head of Content to ensure Sipsmith.com is a useful resource for all of our global markets and that our UK e-commerce business is fitting brand experience.
- Using our content management system to continually update and improve the existing content on Sipsmith.com
- Liaising with our development partners on day to day management and maintenance of the website ensuring we are consistently online and any issues are swiftly resolved
- Management of site functionality and the UX of Sipsmith.com with a programme of continuous improvement, including ensuring that the website stays alive by adding new features and refreshing design
- On site content management: ensure the website is regularly refreshed with new cocktails, updated information, regular blogs, updated team profile, updated vacancies page
- Working with our Off Trade team and Marketing team to manage our ecommerce business, including
- Ensuring a good gift and product offering on our online shop
- Liaising with our distribution partners Ingram Micro on stock management, process efficiency, customer order tracking
- Ensuring the customer journey is smooth and efficient with a well designed UX
- Working with social media exec on strategic content plan to support ecommerce business
- Ensure realistic sales targets are given and are being met
- Shop content is regularly updated with new images and copy
- Working with our gift/product marketer to ensure an optimised Sipping Society experience online and that we continue to recruit new members into our gin subscription offering
- Analysis of site metrics and production of monthly goals and reports to feed in to the continuous improvement plan
- Ensure SEO performance is improved and work with content and PR managers to ensure SEO performance is tracked and maintained. Regularly update the keyword research and implementation strategy.
- Evaluating trends, insights, customer research, market research and competitor data and use it to inform ongoing development of digital strategies
- Knowledge of ecommerce and online UX
- A creative mind with possible experience in a creative digital role
- Optional knowledge of digital marketing tools (such as Google Analytics)
- Understanding of online User Experience
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Energetic, dedicated and imaginative with ability to apply yourself to different briefs with uncompromising quality
- Work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Natural creative spark and innovative brand ideation
- Some e-commerce experience is a plus
- Good at managing your own time and coordinate other stakeholders
- Proactive, ‘hands-on’ approach to your work
- Strong team player
- Confident communicator
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] Closing date for applications 15th February 2018 12:00pm.