We are looking for an inspiring and experienced On Trade sales person to join Sipsmith and develop into Sipsmith’s leader of On Trade, guiding our dynamic & hardworking team forward now, from 2021 and beyond.
Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way it should be.
Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team. Three years ago we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
Title: Head of On-Trade Sales (UK)
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
Reports to: On Trade Director / Director of Sales
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
– Manage & support key National UK customer relationships
– Manage the UK On-Trade P&L with support from On Trade Director / Director of Sales
– Implement a 3-year commercial strategy for the UK On-Trade
– Motivate, mentor, and inspire a dynamic team to deliver against company goals
– Develop Senior Sales Team and support team growth and accountability
– Set KPIs for all On-Trade sales team individuals
– Deliver sales performance discipline within the channel using our CRM (Salesforce), commercial sales tools, and online data trackers
– Analyse and report on internal and external sales data alongside the On-Trade Brand Manager
– Own the rolling sales forecast and work with the Senior Sales Team to deliver this monthly
– Deputize for On Trade Director / Director of Sales when absent
– Maximize new business opportunities and stay on top of market trends
– Develop and implement monthly reports for Directors and the Exec
– Work closely with Head of UK Marketing and Head of Off-Trade to ensure the UK commercial strategy compliments the overriding brand strategy
– Identify key areas for improvement in sales process
– Strong commercial acumen
– Exceptional people management skills
– A wizard at turning analysis and problem-solving into opportunities
– Proficient in running Sales Force or a similar CRM mechanic
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Strong negotiation skills
– Plate-spinning brilliance and calm under pressure
– 10 years in the On-Trade industry or 5 years in management within the On-Trade
– Proven track record of strategy development and profit and sales growth
– Experience of managing teams
How to apply:
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Head of UK On-Trade Sales’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you would be a great fit for Sipsmith. Closing date for applications: Monday 6th April 2020
Due to the evolving situation around Covid-19 in the U.K we are currently completing all interviews virtually via video conferencing. If you require any adjustments in the interview process, please let Braham know when you apply.