V.J.O.P. Old Fashioned
You don’t want to mix anything but the best quality spirits into an Old Fashioned. Our V.J.O.P. is the star of this recipe, showing its full body and juniper-rich flavour profile.
- 2 parts Sipsmith® V.J.O.P.
- 1/4 part simple syrup
- Orange slice or mint sprig (to garnish)
- In an ice-filled rocks glass, add simple syrup and bitters
- Stir well for three or so minutes, or until the ice has begun to melt and the bitters and syrup are well blended
- Strain into a large ice filled glass.
- Add half of your gin and stir before adding the second half and stir again to blend
- Garnish with the orange slice or mint
A Very Junipery Over Proof gin.
Imagine the botanicals as components in an orchestra, here we have taken the lead instrument, juniper, and amplified its presence in the ensemble, then raised the decibels by increasing the proof alcohol. The result is our very own symphony in ‘J’ major.