Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time. We believe it is our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Title: Finance Assistant
Report to: Financial Controller
Based at: Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
Duration: 6 months
This is a newly created, part-time role within a growing finance team. The role reports into the Financial Controller and is based in the centre of leafy Chiswick, London, right at the heart of where it all happens.
This position is offered on a temporary basis for 6 months, with the potential to become a permanent member of the team as the role develops.
The successful candidate will be a key member of our supporting cast. The distillery team is tight-knit and so the role demands someone with a can-do attitude and ability to work cross-functionally. We need someone who is superbly organised, methodical, and who will always exhibit the highest level of honesty and discretion in handling sensitive information.
Experience of working with Sage and Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, are prerequisites.
– AP processing and input into Sage.
– Manage expenses and ensure timely upload to system.
– Invoice and bank document filing.
– Collate and post duty invoices.
– Provide month end and sku setup support to the wider finance and supply chain teams.
– Provide analysis support to the commercial finance team.
– Manage accounts inbox.
– Answer ad hoc queries.
Knowledge, skills and experience
– Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
– Proficiency with Excel.
– Knowledge of Sage would be advantageous.
– Strong organisational and time-management skills. Able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise workload.
– Solutions-focused mindset. Able to identify potential efficiencies and put best practice in place.
– Adaptable. Changes in systems and processes are coming to the business and you should be prepared to engage with and drive this forward.
– 2 years’ experience working in a finance team.
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Finance Assistant’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 18th January