Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax and Sam with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; gin made the way it used to be and the way it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously fast, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers, moving premises to Chiswick and building on our great team. Moreover, we’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory to help us take Sipsmith to all four corners of the globe. Beam Suntory is a company that values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do, opening up exciting new opportunities for the team and the business.
In addition, at Sipsmith we like to work hard to create a great place to work where everyone can be creative, autonomous and have lots of fun. It’s our team here who drive our great culture and every character at the Distillery makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). We work very hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do and feels like part of the family. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates with and who is excited to be a great addition to the Sipsmith family from the word ‘go’.
We are looking for an inspiring Global Senior Brand Manager to join our dynamic and hardworking Marketing team.
Title: Global Senior Brand Manager
Report to: Kate Moorcroft, Global Head of Marketing
Based at: The Distillery, Chiswick
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
Travel: 25% Globally
This is one of the most exciting marketing roles within the industry (in our humble opinion), to be part of a high growth super premium gin brand, developing strategies and plans that will build the Sipsmith brand across the Globe. This is a unique opportunity to be part of our next growth chapter, to expand our Global reach with our new international partner, Beam Suntory.
The Sipsmith Global Senior Brand Manager will have 5-7 years of marketing experience, preferably in local and global roles with ability to demonstrate strong marketing knowledge and used to working with a global network of colleagues.
We are looking for candidates who have cut their teeth in an entrepreneurial and brand-led business, or have international brand experience and is looking to move to a high growth start-up spirited brand. We are looking for a sparky, energetic marketer with a creative flair for developing and emerging brands, with fantastic communication and influencing skills, who has the strategic thinking and analytical rigour needed to direct their decision making. Equally important, this candidate will have a bias for action and know that “if it’s going to happen, it’s down to me”.
Experience in exporting global brand creative assets to local markets and adapting to market needs is important as is operational knowledge of media planning and asset creation across multiple channels.
The marketing team works in the truest sense of the term “team”, working together to create integrated plans and always being alert to support one another when workload may spike in one area. Volunteering to support the team during busy event seasons, outside of office hours, is important, in addition to your particular assignments.
Critical Relationships: Global Head of Marketing, Global Head of Business Development, each member of the Sipsmith marketing team, the Beam Suntory local market brand teams. Responsible for one direct report, global junior brand manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Lead the Sipsmith brand agenda globally and collaborate with local markets to create annual brand plans
– Shape the global media guidelines for the brand, providing support to market teams on their country-level media planning
– Build value adding relationships with markets to accelerate growth in priority global markets
– Own the growth agenda on global travel retail and collaborate with GTR team to create annual brand plans
– Responsible for global brand guardianship, inspiring markets to execute world class activation
– Lead the creation of global toolkits and roll out to markets
– Lead the global Sipsmith community (country brand managers) by setting up and owning forum for countries to share & inspire one another to improve plans
– Analyse and evaluate brand performance in-market, with specific regard to impact of marketing activities
– Lead innovation projects with remote cross functional team
– Work with head of marketing and head of international business development to set the medium term global brand strategy.
– From time to time, you may be required to support activations away from the distillery out of standard office hours – during busy seasons, the entire company partake in samplings and events.
Candidate Characteristics include:
– Great communicator, influencer and team player
– Strategic and analytical marketeer with a creative flair and love of brands
– Ability to thrive in autonomous, self-starter environment and navigate the close relationship with Beam Suntory network
– Attitudinal: no ego, fun, wants to muck in, friendly, self-starter
– Exhibits and curiosity and passion for consumers
– Already a ginthusiast, or new to gin and willing to learn about / become passionate about gin
How to apply:
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Sipsmith Global Junior Brand Manager’ and a cover letter, no longer than one page, explaining a little about your relevant experience and why you would be a good fit for this role and for Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2018. (Please note that we may interview and appoint a candidate prior to this date or keep it rolling until the perfect swan is found.)