The sun is now officially shining and we’re all set for some serious summer sipping at the Sipsmith Distillery, and in preparation we’ve been hard at work stirring up a limited edition collaboration that we hope might coax this capricious season into sticking around: our Gin and Tonic in a delectable Jude’s Ice Cream.
Idly imagined over a G&T with Jude’s one day, we thought – why on earth not; all the deliciousness of our London Dry Gin, but in the form of a scrumptious treat for ice cream smitten grown-ups and gin lovers alike.
It’s incredibly simple really: Jude’s churn all their unrivaled ice-cream in their small Hampshire Dairy, and when combined with the traditional One-Shot method we use to create our gin (i.e.. never made from concentrate), a dash of tonic and a splash of lemon, all the ginny goodness of our gin marries perfectly with the creaminess of Jude’s delicious crème anglais, creating the perfect marriage of two Great British Summertime institutions; ice cream – and the perfect gin and tonic.
These little striped tubs of delight are on sale on and will be available all summer exclusively from Selfridges until the 1st June and Ocado thereafter. We’ll also be on the road with them this summer, so if you’re at Port Eliot, Taste Festival and Open Square Gardens or any of our other events we look forward to raising a tub with you soon.
In the meantime we’ve mixed up some of the most mouth-wateringly delicious ice-cream cocktails (for grown-ups only) which join the ranks of our other classic summer serves to say hello summer, meet gin.
Update: Ice Cream Gate is over and the Gin & Tonic Ice Cream is now available from Ocado. Ice cream lovers rejoice!
Sipsmith Gin Alexander
One of our Master Distiller Jared’s favourite all time drinks (we had a few at this birthday) this is simplicity and mixology at their best.
1. Add one scoop of Jude’s G&T Ice Cream and 50ml measure of Sipsmith London Dry Gin to a cocktail shaker
2. Shake and shake some more until the ice cream has melted
3. Pour into a coupe glass, and enjoy
Sipsmith Ice Cream Float
Whoever said ice cream floats were just for kids had never discovered G&T ice cream.
1. Add one scoop of Jude’s G&T ice cream to a high ball glass
2. Add 25ml of Sipsmith London Dry Gin
3. Slowly top with Fever-Tree’s Classic Indian Tonic
Sipsmith Sloe & Lemon Tonic
The fruity rival to the classic G&T
1. Simply fill a highball glass with ice
2. Add 50ml serving of Sipsmith Sloe Gin
3. Top with 150ml Lemon Tonic / Bitter Lemon
4. Garnish with a slice of freshly chopped lemon
Where Summer, Meets Gin
1. Fill a wine glass with ice
2. Pour 35ml Sipsmith Summer Cup
3. Top with lemonade
4. Garnish with a wheel of lemon
5. Sip and enjoy