Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax and Sam with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London dry gin back to its home. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Jim Beam, Courvoisier and Yamazaki. We now need an extra pair of hands to help craft our spirits with uncompromising quality.
Title: London Brand Ambassador – On-Trade
Report to: Rich Hamer (KAM Prestige)
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time to help develop our presence in the top end on trade accounts in the UK. This role will support the Key Account Manager, Prestige, by acting as the go to contact between Sipsmith and London’s high-end customers. This is the perfect role for an energetic and passionate individual looking to develop their presentation skills and be the face and voice in the prestige accounts of London. The role will involve the organization and hosting of in house trainings, distillery tours, securing new stockists and cocktail listings, and assisting with global education projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– Minimum of 2+ years on-trade experience with extensive cocktail knowledge
– Previously aced multiple projects over various timelines – supremely organised
– Someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, whilst conducting activities in a strategic manner.
– Interest and knowledge of London On-Trade accounts and industry members
– A confident communicator – excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong, determined, can talk to anyone
– Conducts purposeful meetings, action orientated
– Works well autonomously
– Team player that will help the wider team when needed
– Problem solver and planner
– Clean UK driving licence
Key Responsibilities include:
– Support Prestige on key initiatives
– Lead contact within the industry for the prestige team, delivering:
– Activities to support new listings
– Activities that will drive rate of sale where we are already listed (e.g. POS, assets, toolkits)
– Establishing and building relationships with key trade customers
– Events execution (in-house trainings, cocktail masterclasses, guest bartender appearances, consumer experiences, arranging cocktail competitions)
– Best-in-class, consistent presentations always
– Creation and development of cocktail education plan for on trade sales team
– Running Sipsmith Distillery Tours, Meet the Producer Events and other customer facing opportunities.
– Supporting the Events and Sales team at Trade and Consumer shows
– Acting as an ambassador for Sipsmith in all areas of customer & consumer contact.
The London Brand Ambassador (On-Trade) role requires initiative, commitment, hard work and general all-round brilliance. It is an unparalleled opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time and make the contribution we are looking for. Likewise, the candidate will be results-orientated with an ambitious attitude and be able to work tirelessly, speedily and efficiently to ensure results, with commercial success as the priority.
Organisation is a key part of the role and so the applicant must consider themselves to have a highly structured attitude to work with demonstrable experience of how they organise their time, work load and the tasks at hand. A flexible approach to work is essential as you will be required to put in time some evenings and weekends – but there are plenty of perks along the way that come with joining the Sipsmith Distillery team.
Professional, personable, presentable and fun; the bottom line is you will be a face of Sipsmith, the first copper distillery in London for nearly 200 years.
How to apply: Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘London Brand Ambassador – On-Trade’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you would be a good fit for Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: THIS IS NOW CLOSED