Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; gin made the way it used to be and the way it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously fast, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers, moving premises to Chiswick and building on our great team. Moreover, we’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory to help us take Sipsmith to all four corners of the globe. Beam Suntory is a company that values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do, opening up exciting new opportunities for the team and the business. In addition, at Sipsmith we like to work hard to create a great place to work where everyone can be creative, autonomous and have lots of fun. It’s our team here who drive our great culture and every character at the Distillery makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). We work very hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do and feels like part of the family. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates with and who is excited to be a great addition to the Sipsmith family from the word ‘go’.
Job Title: Marketing & Events Placement
A once in a lifetime opportunity: a 16 month new graduate fixed term contract or year-in-industry placement in a highly successful team, working for the best gin brand in the world. In charge of sharing our mission with sippers everywhere, you’ll be overseeing Sipsmith’s award-winning events and leading a team of ambassadors as we take the brand around the UK.
Based at the Sipsmith Distillery, you’ll leave with a glittering CV that includes genuine leadership and management in a truly entrepreneurial environment – not to mention some mean martini mixing skills. Not for the faint hearted or stuck-for-conversation type, this role requires someone who is the embodiment of fun, flair and fortitude!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
– Grow love for the Sipsmith brand through your ambassadorial excellence: including distillery tours, tasting evenings, sampling and sharing your gin connoisseurship with our guests.
– Event and Experience Planning starting with the foundations of event logistics, finishing with stirring and serving, you’ll own all things organisation.
– On-Site Execution events not only require attention to details but real-world problem solving – you’ll be in charge on the day.
– People Management and Leadership Leading and motivating a team of ambassadors.
Knowledge & Skills:
– Natural ability to lead and manage a team
– Can-do, positive, hard-working attitude
– Initiative and creativity
– Plate-spinning brilliance
– Creative thinking
– Good I.T. skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
– Sparkling clean driving licence
How to Apply: Send your CV along with something that captures why you’re perfect for this events role, to [email protected] with the subject line: “I’m up for the Best Field Marketing Year ever.”. This could be a video, a picture, a message in a bottle… just tell us why you’re the best person for the job, and please ensure it takes us no more than 2 minutes to digest.
Deadline: THIS IS NOW CLOSED