Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax and Sam, with a simple mission: to open the first copper pot gin distillery in London for almost 200 years. In doing so they pioneered a change to the law, which brought London Dry Gin and small batch distilling back to its home, London, and in doing so kicked off somewhat of a gin renaissance. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Makers Mark, Laphroaig and Courvoisier. We are now looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to join our Global team, who can serve as an extra pair of hands to bring our brand to the four corners of the world. This is a very exciting moment in our short history. The perfect candidate will be someone energetic, dynamic, organised and who can stay calm under pressure and can work in multiple time zones. The candidate will work under the guidance of our Head of Global Business Development to help fly the Sipsmith flag in across the world.
Title: Minister of Education (Global Brand Ambassador)
Reporting to: Felix von Hurter – Head of Global Business Development
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road W4 2LJ, London
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
We are looking for a highly experienced story-telling bartender (or someone with a bartending background) to be our Global Ambassador. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and fast-growing team with big global ambitions. We want someone who can engage with bartenders, develop educational programs and of course, make a phenomenal drink. They need to have resilience to traveling regularly and be able to maintain energy over multiple time zones.
– Work with our local teams and local ambassadors to nurture and grow Sipsmith’s bartender community globally – engaging in educational masterclasses across our core markets.
– Work with our production team to develop trade education programs and masterclasses.
– ‘Cygnus’ (trade advocacy program) – work with our Global team to help manage the online community, create content, host Cygnus dinners and engage in market.
– ‘Swanhouses’ (embassy accounts) – work with the local brand teams to engage and foster our community of ‘Swanhouses’ globally, developing specific programming and education for them.
– World’s best bars – Identify, nurture and develop relationships with the worlds very best bars and ensure our visibility and availability in them.
Distributor training and education
– Beam Suntory – training and educational programming for the wider Beam Suntory ecosystem; sales and marketing teams, brand managers, leadership teams.
– Third party and Sub distributors; sales and marketing teams, brand managers.
– Work with the Senior Global Brand Manager to help host the Sipsmith stands and events at major international trade and consumer shows.
– Work with the Global Business Development team to train new ambassadors and nurture and develop the ambassador community.
Working with the distillery team to help hosting at the distillery and in London
– The Global Sipping Academy
– Hosting Beam Suntory visitors
– Hosting Bartender visits
Bartending – must be proficient at bartending with at least 4 years’ experience working in 5star hospitality. Must know how to make the classics as well be creative with ingredients and techniques.
Education skills – must be able to teach bartenders about complex and detailed production information with clear and accessible explanations.
Presentation skills – clear and confident communication skills are a must. Essential the candidate is confident to present to big groups.
Teamwork – working in a high paced environment with a growing and energetic team.
Working abroad – candidate needs to be able to work in foreign countries, with ever changing conditions and market dynamics.
Minimum 4 years bartending experience in high quality bars/restaurants/hotels.
Ideally some ambassadorial experience (for brands/bars or businesses).
Experience presenting to groups.
How to apply:
Please send a CV, a link or PDF of your portfolio and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title: ‘Sipsmith’s Minister of Education’.
Closing date for applications: Now closed.