We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our marketing team. Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared, with a simple mission: to open the first copper pot gin distillery in London for almost 200 years. In doing so they pioneered a change to the law, which brought London Dry Gin and small batch distilling back to its home, London, and in doing so kicked off somewhat of a gin renaissance. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Jim Beam, Laphroaig and Courvoisier. We are celebrating 10 years and have a super exciting marketing plan to recruit sippers faster and wider. We need an extra pair of hands to help us in bringing all these plans to life in this extremely exciting moment for our brand.
Title: UK Head of Marketing
Reporting to: Global Marketing Director
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
This is one of the most exciting marketing roles within the industry (in our humble opinion) to be part of a high-growth, super premium gin brand, developing strategies and plans that will build the Sipsmith brand in the UK.
The Sipsmith Head of Marketing will have 10 years + of marketing experience, with ability to demonstrate strong marketing knowledge and is used to working with a collaborative marketing team.
We are looking for candidates who have cut their teeth in an entrepreneurial and brand-led business, or have corporate brand experience and are looking to move to a high growth start-up spirited brand. We are looking for a sparky, energetic marketer with a creative flair for developing brands, with fantastic communication and influencing skills, who is organised and can stay calm under pressure. Equally important, this candidate will have a bias for action and know that “if it’s going to happen, it’s down to me.”
The marketing team works in the truest sense of the term “team”, collaborating together to create integrated plans, and are always alert to support one another when workload may spike in one area. Volunteering to support the team during busy event seasons (outside of office hours) is important, in addition to your particular assignments.
– Lead the UK annual planning process and manage a rolling 12- month marketing calendar
– Lead brand guardianship in the UK, ensuing everything we do is worthy of Sipsmith
– Create exciting and sharable campaign ideas that invites consumers to discover Sipsmith
– Build best practice brand plans with the UK marketing team, including experiential, PR, digital and trade activation ensuring a connected consumer journey with relevant messaging at every consumer and shopper touchpoint
– Lead our customer service experience to ensure that no sipper is left behind
– Lead the team to deliver the best-in-class Distillery Tour experience
– Analyse performance of the UK business using internal and external data, recommending change or optimisation where required
– Lead the UK innovation funnel and support progression of product & gifting innovation projects from conception to launch
– Manage the marketing budget, making budget and investment proposals
– Lead a team of 8 marketeers including line management of 4 direct reports
Candidate Characteristics & Skills to include:
– Inspiring leader with proven ability to deliver through others (Previous line management experience is a must)
– Team player who can collaborate with a cross functional team to drive strong business & team performance
– A passionate brand advocate, with a natural affinity for drinks brands
– Experience of building integrated brand campaigns and connection planning with good knowledge of the merits of individual media & connection touchpoints (Experience of managing creative and communications agencies is a must)
– A superb project manager, who can stick to timelines and budgets and is used to taking ownership for delivery of projects and whatever it takes to get the job done
– Ability to thrive in an autonomous, self-starter environment, not fazed by speed – a real multi-tasker and someone who thinks and suggests rather than always asks
– Strong commercial acumen, good numerical literacy and understanding of P&Ls
– Strategic and analytical marketeer with a creative flair and love of brands
– Exhibits and curiosity and passion for consumers
– Attitudinal: no ego, fun, wants to muck in, friendly, self-starter
– Already a ginthusiast, or new to gin and willing to learn about / become passionate about gin
How to Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected], with the subject title ‘UK Head of Marketing’, along with a cover letter explaining your experience and why you would be a good fit for Sipsmith.
Closing Date: Monday 20th May