Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax and Sam with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London dry gin back to its home. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Jim Beam, Courvoisier and Yamazaki. We now need an extra pair of hands to help craft our spirits with uncompromising quality.
We are looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic individual with experience in quality control to work in our growing distilling team. The perfect candidate will be someone who is superbly organised, with strong communication skills and who can stay calm under pressure. You will start off working under the guidance of our Head of Production and Distillery Manager but will progress to distilling unsupervised on shift to meet our growing production requirements.
Title: Assistant Distiller
Report to: Distillery Manager
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
– Running and maintaining our three beautiful stills
– Ensuring our gin is of uncompromising quality
– Excellent computer and numeracy, Excel etc.
– Strong organisational and communication skills
–Practical, Calm under pressure and eager to learn
– Warm and approachable
–A background in science or engineering, a degree is preferable but not mandatory
– Experience working at a distillery/brewery/winery or in quality control would be a huge benefit
How to apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] to include in a couple of sentences:
1. Why you think you’d fit seamlessly into our team
2. An example of when you have made something exceptional
3. What quirky added extra will you bring to the team
Closing date for applications: 28th May 2018