We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our Culture & HR team. Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared, with a simple mission: to open the first copper pot gin distillery in London for almost 200 years. In doing so they pioneered a change to the law, which brought London Dry Gin and small batch distilling back to its home, London, and in doing so kicked off somewhat of a gin renaissance. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills and moving premises to a new site in Chiswick, West London. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage and craftsmanship as much as we do, and now sit alongside global brands such as Jim Beam, Laphroaig and Courvoisier. We are celebrating 10 years and are growing rapidly so need more hands on deck to help recruit the very best talent and creatively work on ways to ensure Sipsmith is the very best place to work!
Title: People Manager (HR Manager, specialising in Talent Acquisition)
Benefits: Pension, Bonus, PHI & Gin
Time: Full time OR 4 days a week (we can be flexible for the right candidate)
Reporting to: Minister of Culture
Based at: Sipsmith Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London W4 2LJ
This is an exceptionally exciting HR based role (in our humble opinion) because at Sipsmith we put people first. The Sipsmith People Manager will have 4+ years of HR experience, with prior experience in all HR administration but first and foremost will have exceptionally strong people skills, a naturally positive outlook on life, the ability to speak to anyone on any level in an engaging way and confidence to challenge the status quo for the betterment of the business and the people. They will also have excellent interview skills and techniques, knowledge on how to work with recruiters as well as head hunt and a creative eye for how to improve procedures and ways of working.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about people and business and recognise that making a business grow involves hiring the very best talent and then creating a work space and ways of working that makes the culture one of the best in the world.
Culture is the most important thing at Sipsmith. The people come first, for without the people, there would be no gin!
Finding the Best People
– Manage the integrity of all recruitment across the organisation, gaining support from individual managers as required
– Maintain agency contracts and agreed deadlines and target for effective recruitment and selection
– Manage the ongoing effectiveness and efficiency of the recruitment process
– Head hunt roles directly when required
– Creatively look for ways of finding the very best people
The People and their Experience (in support of The Minister of Culture)
– Continue to improve team communications, ways of working, policies and procedures.
– Provide effective employee relations advice to managers and staff, relating to all areas of the employee lifecycle; (reviews, work plans, pay, bonus, benefits, KPI structure and many more)
– Create, discuss and execute new culture initiatives
– Ensure all Employee Relations risks are proactively flagged to the MoC.
Learning and Development
– Support the MoC and line managers in the annual review process
– Help continue to build a bespoke and brilliant training program for every member of the team
– Resource expertise to come and engage/teach/coach the team
– Source, implement and deliver learning and development solutions in consultation with managers and staff.
General (in support of the Minister of Culture)
– Undertake existing and new HR projects, as necessary
– Guide and support all managers on all aspects of HR
– Provide an approachable point of contact for staff
– Ensure an up to date knowledge of employment legislation and trends Ensure Sipsmith policies and procedures regarding security and confidentiality are adhered to.
– Assist in the smooth running of the office and administrative systems in general.
Candidate Characteristics & Skills to include:
– 4+ years’ experience within HR
– Organised, structured and logical
– Oozes integrity
– Passionate about getting the best out of people and business
– Can-do, positive, hardworking attitude
– Confident to handle challenging situations and ask provoking questions at interview
– Exceptional communicator, to anyone and everyone
– Entrepreneurial, autonomous and flexible in work ethic
– Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
– Plate spinning brilliance
– Great IT skills (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
– Already a ginthusiast, or new to gin and willing to learn about / become passionate about gin
How to Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected], with the subject title ‘The People Manager’, along with a cover letter explaining what you would do to make Sipsmith an unbeatable place to work!
Closing Date: Now Closed.