Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team. Three years ago we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates. Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
Title: Receptionist & Customer Service Executive x 2 (Guardian of the Gate & Sip-sational Host)
Reports to: Brand Activation Manager
Location: The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
As our Receptionist & Customer Service Executive, you will play a key role as the first point of contact for all Sipsmith customers and visitors, while supporting the smooth running of the Distillery. This is a full time job and we are looking for two amazing people to join the team to share the responsibilities which are crucial to the daily running of the Distillery.
Exceedingly personable, organised and willing to go the extra mile, you will be the face and voice of the Distillery, as the ultimate Sipsmithian Host. You’ll be supporting us by crafting deeper relationships with our Sippers, guests, staff and neighbours, sharing our brand values, passion and character with visitors from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave.
What you’ll do
– Respond to all customer enquiries through all of our consumer portals (Online & e-Commerce, Social, General Enquiries, Tours) via email and telephone within our 24-hour response rate
– Ensure that our consumer journey on all of our platforms delivers a 5-star experience and continuously work on improving them
– Provide an excellent 5-star consumer experience at every touchpoint ensuring that all customers leave feeling you have gone the extra mile, encouraging them to be a Sipsmith sipper for life
– Be a true ambassador for the brand and ooze your customer service skills across the business
– Process e-Commerce & Sipping Society returns, manage all correspondence with the fulfilment company, and sort re-deliveries
– Owner and guardian of the Sipsmith Distillery Tour Experience – one of most important brand assets beyond the gins themselves
– Coordinate stock & asset management required to deliver a flawless consumer tour experience
– Organise and inspire the Distillery Team to deliver a 5-star consumer experience and support new members of staff in training to become fantastic hosts
– Manage the online tour system and work with the provider when issues may occur
– Book consumers onto tours via emails and telephone and post out all vouchers required
– Work and own relationships between third-party tour operators to ensure they are delivering a great consumer experience on our behalf whilst ensuring that their sales are hitting our targets
– Support the on & off trade sales teams with Distillery Tours during the day and ensuring they operate smoothly during operating hours
– Get stuck into UK activity: Represent Sipsmith at Distillery Tours, Sampling etc.
Reception & Admin Support
– Be the ‘first faces’ of the company, who go above and beyond to drive the goodwill of the brand, welcome all visitors, ensuring they leave with favourable and lasting first impressions of Sipsmith
– Maintain a helpful & responsible presence at the Sipsmith Distillery gatehouse reception area (situated at the front entrance of the Distillery)
– Manage the Sipsmith switchboard (phone system) and forward relevant calls to the respective members of the Sipsmith team
– Manage the vehicles and delivery log and coordinate all deliveries, pick-ups, and couriers through the correct Sipsmith team member, handling all relevant paperwork
– Ensure guests/staff sign into the site and alert the relevant team member of their arrival, and look after waiting visitors (individuals and large tour groups) in a Sipsmithian fashion
– Maintain all site assets required for the reception & garage area (toiletries, boxes, refreshments, etc.)
– Keep the area around the Reception clean and tidy, looking after the plants and A-board
– Coordinate all returns from the website and Sipping Society
– Support on all ad hoc marketing requests, team support and admin
– Ensure compliance with Health & Safety across the site, from team members and visitors
– Collaborate with the Minister of Ginterior to deliver a 5-star experience at the distillery by maintaining a friendly, clean and safe environment
What you’ll need
– Impeccable customer service skills, with a flair for relationships and guest satisfaction
– Experience or training in a similar role would be an advantage
– Supremely organised and able to manage time effectively with a huge amount of initiative
– A positive, optimistic and can-do, problem-solving attitude
– Positively proactive in dealing with visitors, customers and contractors on an individual basis
– A highly personable team player who is ready to get stuck in and is always up for a challenge, but is equally happy working by themselves
– Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
– Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Customer Service Executive’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and how you would become the ultimate Sipsmithian host.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1 March 2020.