Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team. We’ve recently joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Title: Sales Executive (North)
Reports to: Field Sales Manager
Location: Homebased covering Northern regions, focusing on Manchester & Liverpool.
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
You will support the Nationals & Groups team and the Wholesale team in growing both these segments in line with their strategy and the overall company strategy. You will spend most of your time in the field being the “pull” strategy for the Wholesale, Nationals & Groups segments (ROS & Distribution). The role will be tasked with delivering agreed objectives on Volume, NSV, GP, Distribution and Brand Activations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on your Sales experience and skills, with great potential to grow Sipsmith in a large territory with bags of ownership and responsibility.
What you’ll do
– Delivery of budgeted Volume, £NSV, £GP and distribution targets with defined customer(s).
– Support the Nationals & Wholesale team to deliver objectives within their key customer base.
– Implement and evaluate brand/sales plans within a set geographical area / customer base.
– Identify and convert new opportunities for brand distribution and activation in line with the channel strategy.
– Able to contribute to key business processes:
- Weekly & monthly performance updates
- Customer demand forecasting
- Annual bottom up planning to build budget next FY
– Ensure close collaboration with Marketing to bring brand plans to life in the market place.
– Work with other functions such as Finance, Culture and Operations to ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets.
– Provide field insight to the business in order to contribute to the medium-term plan.
What you’ll need
– A minimum of 1 year of sales/commercial experience
– Demonstrate an ability to negotiate
– Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
– Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
– Good written & verbal communication and presentation skills
– Demonstrates ability to use data to create commercial arguments
– Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
– A passion for Craftmanship
– An educated pallet for great Gin
– Passion for the drinks industry
– Plate spinning brilliance
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Field Sales Executive (North)’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and this role.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 16 February 2020.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.