Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team. Three years ago we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Title: Shopper Marketing Manager
Reports to: Head of UK Marketing
Location: The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ
Salary: Competitive, with bonus + benefits
As Sipsmith Shopper Marketing Manager you will be tasked with driving business growth through distinctive brand campaigns, helping convert shoppers at point of purchase. This will be through amplification and execution of the brand team marketing plans within On Trade, Off Trade, and Online. You will be the face of the Sipsmith brand to our key retail and On Trade customers, supporting the sales teams with the successful deployment of shopper marketing plans that meet their customer and shopper needs. You will be a critical team member working across both Marketing and Sales to support our growth and help us reach more sippers across the U.K.
What you’ll do
– Translate customer and shopper insights into creative, impactful activation ideas which can be implemented across multiple channels
– Lead briefing and creation of brand initiative style guides with design team, to ensure consistency of messaging and imagery
– Deliver executions which reflect the shopper needs and are strategically tailored across the path to purchase
– Supporting future business brand planning and strategy to drive growth across core range and innovation
– Partner with customers to deliver specific retail and On Trade initiatives, creating an activity calendar linked with promotional plans
– Lead the development and execution of innovation launch plans into On & Off Trade
– Create KPI’s and implement test & learn methodology to all campaigns to continually optimise and show a clear return on investment
– Be the expert on competitor activations and sharing best practice from the wider FMCG industry
– Ensure successful delivery of all POS on time and in full – working with external fulfillment agency
What you’ll need
– Be a shopper marketing expert, preferably with experience activating within the BWS industry – looking for minimum 5 years’ experience
– Budget management capability; able to lead investment recommendations with clear channel strategy to hit overall business objectives
– Commercially aware yet brand-centric, innovative, and creative with a passion for excellent execution
– Deep understanding of shopper needs and purchase touch points
– Experience working with market data, using insights to inform strategy and execution ideas
– Ability to build quality relationships with key internal stakeholders and external customers, inspiring them with shopper plans that will deliver effective growth
– Strong influencing skills and ability to create and lead external presentations
– Able to manage multiple projects across different customers and retail partners with tight timelines
– Ensure all POS delivered is impactful, distinctive to Sipsmith, and has a clear call to action for the shopper to drive increased sales
– Curiosity, externally oriented, and passionate to lead & execute category leading ideas
– Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
– Plate spinning brilliance
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Shopper Marketing Manager’ and a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 23 February 2020.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.