We’re on the hunt for ginthusiastic University Students who love gin as much as we do and want to spread gin-sipping pandemonium across their city and region. Our Brand Ambassadors have plate-spinning brilliance, are savvy with their digital and aren't afraid to let the world know when they're sipping something special. If you love what we do and want to begin your juniper-y journey into the world of gin, do read on...
Title/s: Student Brand Ambassador (2019/20)
Areas of Recruitment
– North East: Durham and Newcastle
– Scotland: Glasgow and Edinburgh
– West England: Bristol, Bath and Oxford
Role: The Sipsmith Student Brand Ambassadors are part of the most empowered student program in the spirits industry. They are passionate about the best gin in the world and are keen to share their love for Sipsmith with their peers. Our SBAs are capable of showcasing the exceptional quality and character of our gin, building strong relationships with key stakeholders in their city and ensuring long term brand love. Our goals are to reach students who aspire to sip better as well as recruiting Sippers throughout your city – introducing them to Sipsmith through uniquely curated ginny experiences at key accounts and beyond.
Establish Sipsmith as the aspirational gin of choice
– Be a credible Sipsmith expert, know our range of gins inside out, you will be a champion of the Brand
– Always a true representative of our company values; engaging, polite, fun.
– Be a true expert of your city capable of spotting new brand placement opportunities
– Champion Sipsmith by leading great gin-focused activities
– Work closely with organising committees of charity balls
– Develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and on-trade accounts
Directly support the wider Distillery team
– Grow visibility and awareness of Sipsmith in key accounts
– Support the sales and events teams at pop-up events and gin samplings
– Visit key outlets to check stock and point of sale displays
– Identify distribution opportunities in your city, passing these on to the wider team
– Attend meetings with the Ambassador Leadership team
Brand awareness through multiple channels
– Regular social media sharing of Sipsmith-related content
– Secure coverage of Sipsmith activities in local and nationwide media
– Partnerships with local Gin Societies
– Hosting ginspired experiences with key accounts
– Partner and host influencers in your area
Management, administration and communication
– Submit all activity results to the Ambassador Leadership Team
– Share ideas and collaborate with other Ambassadors and teams
– Recruit future Sipsmith SBAs, driving recruitment initiatives on social media and amongst peers
Join the Summer Events 2020 team (optional)
What you will get out of the program
– Genuine Sales and Marketing experience
– A plethora of Gin knowledge (the trainings days equip you with all the info and skills you will need)
– A healthy supply of Sipsmith Gin
– Great experience for you CV if you are looking to move into the alcohol industry or Sales or Marketing
– Part of an epic team united on ONE mission
– Opportunity to join the Summer Events team for an incredible few months on the road with the Gin Cab and Palace at key food, drink and lifestyle festivals
– Opportunities to work along side our esteemed sales team
– Above all, loads of fun!
Next steps: Send your CV along with something that captures why you’re perfect for this role to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line: ‘The Best Student Job – [your name, your Uni]’.
This could be a video, a picture/ your best Instagram’s, a message in a bottle… just tell us why you’re the best person for the job, and please ensure it takes us no more than 2 minutes to digest. Any questions email [email protected]
Application Open Times: Now closed.
Interview dates: 1st June to end of July
Training date, London (must attend one date): Wednesday the 21st of August and/or Wednesday the 28th of August
Start Date: Monday the 16th of September
In the words of previous Student Brand Ambassadors…
“The perfect challenge to take on as a hobby outside of University studies. It allows you to get your creative juices flowing whether it is organising a ginspired party or just spreading the Sipsmith story. You need to be prepared to work hard, take responsibility and to be willing to challenge yourself.”
Sam (Student Brand Ambassador, Imperial College)
“Being a brand ambassador is the dream job in so many ways. It’s flexible so it fits perfectly around your studies, and the responsibility and team work will definitely help you in any future career. Plus did I mention you’re working for a gin company?!
Gee (Student Brand Ambassador, LSE)
“Working for Sipsmith has been truly amazing! I cannot thank Sipsmith enough for the skills they have given me through this job. A great bunch of Gals and Guys who I have enjoyed so much working with.”
James (Student Brand Ambassador, UCL)
“Working with Sipsmith has been an amazing opportunity. Being able to work at some of the most amazing events, help be the face of Sipsmith and work with such lovely people makes the hard work completely worth it.”
Ruth (Student Brand Ambassador, Barts University Hospital)
“Great people and a great company to get involved with – you can guarantee there will never be a dull moment with the Sipsmith lot!”
Megan (Student Brand Ambassador, City of London)