At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title||South West Brand Ambassador|
|Pay rate||Competitive pay rate based on each piece of work completed|
We are looking for a freelance Brand Ambassador to support our mission to bring Sipsmith to our sippers in the South West of England.
If you have a passion for great gin and the hospitality industry, this is a fantastic opportunity with bags of flexibility, to build on your experience while representing a quality led premium gin brand.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the National Account Manager (Brewers, Leased, and Tenanted) to drive sales and visibility within the St Austell tenanted estate through monthly sales drives
- Generate Sipsmith brand awareness and site-level relationships
- Seek out activation and volume-driving opportunities within the St Austell Estate
- Assist in rolling out regional brand activation plans
- Organise and host staff trainings and gin masterclasses in St Austell Pubs
What you’ll need
- Some experience in hospitality (St Austell-related experience will be a bonus) and keen interest to develop in the spirits industry
- An educated palate for great gin
- Preferably based in Cornwall or Devon
- Motivated self-starter
- Entrepreneurship and an eye for new opportunities
- Well-developed written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Happy to get ‘hands dirty’ and get involved in all that is going on at Sipsmith
- Plate-spinning brilliance
- Valid UK Driving Licence
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘‘South West Brand Ambassador’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and a completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th April 2022.