At Sipsmith, we have always been fuelled by people, purpose and occasionally by gin. In 2009, the Sipsmith founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared set out on a mission to bring gin back to its birthplace, London: to make it the way it used to be made, as it should be made. In turn, they created a legacy for what has become a global renaissance. The Sipsmith swan, the brand’s distinctive icon now seen around the world, started as an homage to the bespoke “swan’s neck” on the gin still, which gives Sipsmith gin its distinctive flavour and smoothness.
Since then, Sipsmith has grown by leaps and bounds, we have acquired new sites, new stills, and recruited new sippers around the world. In 2017 we joined forces with the Beam-Suntory family, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as highly as we do, creating incredible opportunities for our people and brand.
In May 2021, we proudly became a B Corporation™ certified business and in turn articulated our long-term sustainability strategy of “Crafting a Better Future”, setting in motion a sense of purpose beyond profit in all that we do.
Meaningful change requires a great deal of hard paddling under the surface. We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin). Our company values are the foundation of everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do.
We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work: where you can be creative, autonomous, work with purpose and have fun at the same time. We’d love for you to come and join us.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation, encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Title:||London Brand Ambassador|
|Term:||Permanent, full-time role|
|Location:||We work flexibly. This role does not need you to work from our home, the Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ, from time to time.|
|Reports to:||Head of Prestige & Advocacy|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus|
We are Sipsmith the gin that pioneered the gin renaissance, with an authentic and exciting story that supports our deliciously sippable gin and we’d love you to come help tell our story.
This is a great opportunity to join Sipsmith at an exciting time to help develop our presence in the top end on trade accounts in the UK. This role will support the Head of Prestige & Advocacy, by acting as the go to contact between Sipsmith and London’s best cocktail bars.
This is the perfect role for an energetic and passionate person looking to develop their presentation skills and be the face and voice of Sipsmith in the prestige accounts of London, overseeing the development and implementation of education and advocacy programs for consumers, customers and trade influencers.
You will also play a key role in the organization and hosting of our new advocacy program (Bar of Smithery), managing and organising the upcoming CYGNUS cocktail competition, hosting in house trainings, distillery tours, securing new stockists and cocktail listings, and assisting with global education projects.
What you’ll do
- Deliver top-notch trainings and advocacy programs with confidence and extensive brand/category knowledge
- Coordinate and deliver activities that will drive rate of sale where we are already listed (e.g. POS, assets, toolkits), and new listings
- Collaborate with key customers to bring activations and campaigns to life
- Build the brand in the premium sector of the On Trade and drive ROS
- Events execution (in-house trainings, cocktail masterclasses, guest bartender appearances, consumer experiences, cocktail competitions)
Creation and development of cocktail education plan for on trade sales team
- Running Sipsmith Distillery Tours, Meet the Producer Events and other customer facing opportunities.
- Working closely with other functions such as Finance, Culture and Operations to ensure the best possible delivery against agreed KPI’s and targets.
- Establishing and building positive, mutually beneficial business relationships with key trade customers
- Working with the company’s marketing department to learn and implement the company’s marketing strategy at events
- Preparing and presenting to customers, aligning on implementation
- Supporting the Brand Experience and Sales team at Trade and Consumer shows
- Acting as an ambassador for Sipsmith in all areas of customer & consumer contact
What You’ll Need
- Extensive on-trade experience with substantial cocktail knowledge
- A proven track record of completing multiple projects over various timelines
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to actively listen and support accounts
- Someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, whilst conducting activities in a strategic manner.
- Knowledge and contacts within the London On-Trade community
- Ability to generate creative marketing and promotion ideas
- A self-assured communicator – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong-minded, resilient and can talk to anyone
- Self-motivated, with a can-do attitude willing to go above and beyond.
- Team player that will help the wider team when needed
- Problem solver and planner
- Highly developed negotiation and account management skills
- Plate-spinning brilliance and calm under pressure
- Must have full clean driving license held for a minimum of one year.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution.
- Hybrid and flexible working
- When in the office you get to work by the stills and see distillation in action
- Private Healthcare through Vitality with access to their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Monthly free Gin!
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to financial well-being platform Bippit
- Enhanced sick pay (including two mental health days a year)
- Enhanced parental leave (6 months fully paid leave for primary caregivers and 1 month for secondary)
- Quarterly company team days and monthly social events organised by our Ministry of Fun
How To Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘London Brand Ambassador’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form available from our website.
Closing date for applications: 13th February 2023