Sipsmith was started in 2009 by our founders Fairfax, Sam and Jared with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; made the way it used to be, the way we believe it should be. Since then we’ve grown tremendously, acquiring new stills, recruiting new sippers and building on our great team.
Four years ago, we joined forces with Beam Suntory, a company which values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as we do and so the opportunities for our team and brand are ever more exciting. Sipsmith has gone from strength to strength during this time. We like to think that we have created an incredible place to work, where you can be creative, autonomous and have fun at the same time.
We believe it’s our team here that drives our great culture, that makes our business what it is (on top of our world class gin), so we work hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do. We are looking for someone for whom this resonates.
Sipsmith is committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organisation and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for our opportunities.
|Reports to:||Distillery Manager|
|Location:||The Distillery, 83 Cranbrook Road, London, W4 2LJ|
|Salary:||Competitive, with bonus + benefits|
We are looking for someone to join our Distilling team and help us craft our range of award-winning gins. This is a fantastic opportunity to build your skills and experience, honing your craft in Distilling while working on spirits of uncompromising quality.
If you’re excited about building your career in the world of craft gin, have an appetite for learning, and a passion for things well made, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Run and maintain our three beautiful stills to a very high standard
- Load and unload vehicles
- Record legislative data for HMRC on a shift-by-shift basis
- Record quality results and technical data from distillation runs
- Ensure health and safety rules and procedures are adhered to at all times on site
What You’ll Need
- A background in science or engineering (a degree is preferable but not mandatory)
- Excellent computer and numeracy, Excel etc.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be practical, calm under pressure, and eager to learn
- Warm and approachable
- Experience working at a distillery/brewery/winery or in quality control would be a huge benefit
- Forklift truck licence desired, but not essential
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject title ‘Assistant Distiller’, alongside a cover letter explaining your experience and why you are a good fit for Sipsmith and our completed Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: 29th February 2021
Please note: this role does require working in person from our Distillery (after all it’s where our stills live!), and an in-person practical interview will be required during the recruitment process.