Shaken, stirred, dirty, dry: there are many ways to make the perfect Martini, and just as many opinions about which method is the best. For Sipsmith Master Distiller’s top recipe, see below…
- 50ml Sipsmith London Dry Gin
- 10-15ml Vermouth
- Lemon twist
- Fill a mixing glass with ice
- Add the vermouth and stir for a few seconds
- Add the gin to the mixing glass and stir briskly for 50 turns
- Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with a lemon twist
London Dry Gin
A particularly dry gin with a zesty, citrus finish.
The quintessential expression of a classic London Dry Gin. Bold, complex and aromatic – smooth enough for a Martini, yet rich and balanced, perfect for a G&T.
A Very Junipery Over Proof gin.
Imagine the botanicals as components in an orchestra, here we have taken the lead instrument, juniper, and amplified its presence in the ensemble, then raised the decibels by increasing the proof alcohol. The result is our very own symphony in ‘J’ major.